Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer

I run 4 way pallets and just a 1 story brood but also some times the gophers pile the dirt up and it would save the time of knocking that down so in perfect conditions I have 4 inches in bad I have -2 or-3

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Couldn't you just unbolt the wood block and flip the whole bowl and bracket 180 to make it almost zero clearance?

Johno:

Why don't you start a thread in the Equipment Forum and transition all this general discussion about your product to it. Discussions in the For Sale Forum are supposed to be very limited.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Astrobee I agree we should not further this discussion on the for sale section and continue on the equipment and hardware section under Band heater vaporizer where I have also posted pics and asked for comments.
    Johno

Johnny have a couple of questions before ordering: instead of drilling a hole high on the upper deep box could I drill a hole in a top feeder box and just move the box from hive to hive? In other words can you use this vaporizer from the top? Also if I vaporize from the top do I need to close up my screen bottom boards?

Ferg, Treating from the top is good but you still need to close off the screened bottom and the entrance if fully open otherwise the OA crystals will flow out of the bottom and you want as many of those crystals to remain inside. I think it would be a bit of a pain to move the feeder from hive to hive and if there is no entry in the top brood box I would just as soon work from a hole in the back of the bottom board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Johnny have a couple of questions before ordering: instead of drilling a hole high on the upper deep box could I drill a hole in a top feeder box and just move the box from hive to hive? In other words can you use this vaporizer from the top? Also if I vaporize from the top do I need to close up my screen bottom boards?
    Honestly to me the easiest way to treat your hives is drill a hole in the top of bottom board and use golf tees to plug them.
    1548287135-1543543057-1543542768545.jpg

Norm

Join us in Bee chat: https://www.rumbletalk.com/client/c[email protected]_hmJ

8 pm central time till Mid-Nite
    most days of week

There must be quite a few Easy Vap users who have received a white cap with their Red caps, It looks to me that the white caps are more heat resistant than the red caps so would like some feedback from the users perhaps to the Band heater Vaporizer thread in the Equipment and hardware section as I would like to settle on one of them.

I ordered a Easy Vap and I'm very happy with it. I used a Varrox and lost a hive due to a fire that it caused.

Can you post a link to your new thread plz? Also how do I order one of these?
    Thanks, Tim

Go to search and put in "for sale". Johno's easy vap will give you the youtube video and how to email Johno to order one.

I have had a number of beekeepers that have emailed me, ask if I have received their mail, when I check back I find that I have replied so I would ask that those who appear not to have had a reply to their emails to check their junk mail. If my reply is in the junk any more replies will end up in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohnson View Post
    Thanks, Tim
    40+ page thread here: https://www.beesource.com/forums/sho...ater-vaporizer
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Order one it was shipped out fast and I am very impressed with it. These things are an absolute STEAL for what he is charging imo. If you do OAV you need to get yourself one of these!!! Thanks again John

Quote Originally Posted by Brohnson View Post
    Thanks, Tim
    Reply #1 on this thread tells you how to order... it will be money well spent...
    sc-bee

Has anyone used an inverter with these? I don't have 110 back at my yard and don't know what these units would draw. Hope you can help. Jack

I use an inverter clipped onto my trucks battery with a 50 ft extension cord to treat my out hives, a 500 watt inverter can be purchased from Amazon or Harbor freight for between $30 to $40

Beekeepers who purchase through Pay pal, please check that your shipping address with Paypal is correct as I use the paypal notice to print the shipping label and if I do not get a shipping address with the inquiry your package could go to an old address

Hey Johno. Received notice that my package is in, we will pick it up tomorrow. The speed of you sending it out was amazingly fast. Thank you

I received the easy vap quickly and easily - looks like a great product.

QUESTIONS:

1. What brand of oxalic acid do you recommend using?

2. How much oxalic acid do you recommend using exactly for a standard 2 deep brood box hive?

3. Where do you recommend drilling the hole to insert this device? Do I just drill a hole at the top of the lower brood box, around the top of the frames?

4. How many times throughout the year to treat if I have, say 40 hives? I don't have time to do mite counts for all 40 hives, so I just need to know when to treat.

5. If treating during brood period, is it recommended to treat once every FIVE DAYS, or once every SEVEN Days? I've read that I need to treat 3 times, once every 5 or 7 days.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast