Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer

170K views 209 replies 77 participants last post by  nailbender0259 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you who have been unable to build your own band heater vaporizer I can offer the Easy Vap, which comes with operating instructions and 3 Mocap caps. Price $150 plus $15 shipping priority mail - USA. As I am able to build +- 10 units per week the vaporizers will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
John Olivier, Lottsburg, VA 22511. Email john_olivier@msn.com. Product Technology Plastic

For those of you who are not familiar with Johno's Easy Vap click on this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ets5cCtFsb4&feature=youtu.be

See less See more
#34 ·
Great results from the Easy Vap unit I just bought 2 weeks ago. I used my extension cord for the hives in my backyard and picked up a 400 watt inverter from Walmart that worked great in an out yard. Way faster than using my old wand vaporizer. I highly recommend this product to anyone who uses oxalic acid for mites. Thanks again John!

Victor

#35 ·
John,
Nice product. I ordered on Christmas and had it three days later. Used it yesterday for the first time. Worked well. A little different configuration would work better for my set ups but had no problems or issues. A really fast recovery time between shots. Hard to beat for the money.
Thanks,
Scott

#38 ·
I have built a modified Easy Vap that would suit beekeepers who would treat from the hive entrance and would also help with hives close to the ground, however there is more labor and it is a little more complicated so I would guess drive the cost up to around $170 per unit. Is this any better than the old and simple design and will it justify the increase in cost, so let me hear your views. Technology
Product Technology Electronic device Measuring instrument

Johno

#45 ·
Johnny have a couple of questions before ordering: instead of drilling a hole high on the upper deep box could I drill a hole in a top feeder box and just move the box from hive to hive? In other words can you use this vaporizer from the top? Also if I vaporize from the top do I need to close up my screen bottom boards?

#46 ·
Ferg, Treating from the top is good but you still need to close off the screened bottom and the entrance if fully open otherwise the OA crystals will flow out of the bottom and you want as many of those crystals to remain inside. I think it would be a bit of a pain to move the feeder from hive to hive and if there is no entry in the top brood box I would just as soon work from a hole in the back of the bottom board.

#48 ·
There must be quite a few Easy Vap users who have received a white cap with their Red caps, It looks to me that the white caps are more heat resistant than the red caps so would like some feedback from the users perhaps to the Band heater Vaporizer thread in the Equipment and hardware section as I would like to settle on one of them.

#52 ·
I have had a number of beekeepers that have emailed me, ask if I have received their mail, when I check back I find that I have replied so I would ask that those who appear not to have had a reply to their emails to check their junk mail. If my reply is in the junk any more replies will end up in the same place.

#58 ·
Beekeepers who purchase through Pay pal, please check that your shipping address with Paypal is correct as I use the paypal notice to print the shipping label and if I do not get a shipping address with the inquiry your package could go to an old address

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.