Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer

For those of you who have been unable to build your own band heater vaporizer I can offer the Easy Vap, which comes with operating instructions and 3 Mocap caps. Price $150 plus $15 shipping priority mail - USA. As I am able to build +- 10 units per week the vaporizers will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
    John Olivier, Lottsburg, VA 22511. Email [email protected]. IMG_1377.jpg
    For those of you who are not familiar with Johno's Easy Vap click on this link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ets5...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by johno; 09-23-2018 at 07:42 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer

I received and earlier model of John's vaporizer last year and have been very pleased with it.

Adam

interested in vaporizer would pick it up if you have one ready now. need address. My e-mail is [email protected] or you can send your phone # and I can call you, or you can call me at 864-706-2535

Very innovative!

Do you have any more pics, in particular base under copper bowl.. ( they may be in another thread) and do you have any video? What kind of heat transfer base? I may go this route vs trying a build....

Thanks
    sc-bee

There appears to a "permissions" issue preventing member 'johno' from adding replies to this thread. Temporarily, replies are here:

(Link removed, as problem resolved)
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 10-27-2018 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Update
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thanks to Radar and the Beesource guys I now have access to this thread so I will answer any questions here. Sc-bee if you click on the youtube link on the first post you can see a video of the device in operation, I must admit I do the job much faster when I do not try to make a video. The bowl is made from copper and the bottom is copper welded on with silphos.
    Johno

so i got one of these gadgets from Johno this weekend as a backup to the provap 110 i have.
    It arrived quickly with a tracking number and i fired it up on saturday.
    Holy cow does this thing heat up quick! Did a great job, performed flawlessly and super quick.
    I did all of my 26 hives in under 30mins.

Highly recommended! Now i have to find an extra pair of hands to run both vaporizers simultaneously!

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    For those of you who have been unable to build your own band heater vaporizer I can offer the Easy Vap, which comes with operating instructions and 3 Mocap caps. Price $150 plus $15 shipping priority mail - USA. As I am able to build +- 10 units per week the vaporizers will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
    John Olivier, Lottsburg, VA 22511. Email [email protected]. IMG_1377.jpg
    For those of you who are not familiar with Johno's Easy Vap click on this link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ets5...ature=youtu.be
    John what kind of warranty do you have with your unit? Thanks Del

Del, I will repair or replace any defective part of this device for a year from purchase date unless the device has been damaged due to the negligence of the operator, such as mechanical damage or water damage. To date I have been using these components for around 2 years without any failures. I have yet to have any failures reported of all the units that have been sold.
    Johno

When Johno visited my country for a holiday he brought one of his units with him and demonstrated it, and I can personally vouch that it is an excellent unit.

My only criticism is that he should be charging more than $150 for it, he is undervaluing it. I would recommend snapping one up, before he realises his mistake and puts the price up!
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Received my Easy Vap yesterday (arrived in 2 days) and was extremely impressed with the 'build' of the thing. Read through the instructions and decided to fire up the little Honda generator and give it a go.
    Ended up treating the 14 hive home yard (single and a half's, and some double deep double nucs) through the mouse guards. Done in record time, maybe 20 minutes.

If you use or plan to use OAV don't hesitate in purchasing one of these units. It works incredibly well and is a huge time saver compared to a wand.

Nice tool Johno, Thanks.

This can be powered with a 12v battery inverter correct?
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/BLACK-DE...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    sc-bee

I run mine off of a 750 watt inverter similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ampeak-750W-P...verter+for+12v

sc-bee

I'm not sure if this will be enough power, only 140 watts. I run mine on a 900 watt cobra I picked up on Amazon a few years ago for about $40.

Works great for me.
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

The Easy vap uses 275 watts so the absolute minimum size to run it would be 300 watts, but with most of the inverters around the Wattage they claim as continuous is sometimes a little exaggerated so I always feel that bigger is better. Now also bear in mind that the vaporizer will pull in the area of 25 amps from your battery, now it will not draw that all the time as the temp controller will be switching off and on so if you see an inverter with a cigarette lighter plug that is not going to cut it as most plugs are designed to draw no more than 10 to 15 amps. I would look for a minimmum of 500 Watts and the unit must have cables and clamps to clamp onto the battery posts. I have been using an 800 watt inverter that came off my sailboat for more than 2 years now and the only problem I have had is when I have treated 8 hives in an out yard I have barely managed to crank the truck engine due to a failing battery so when I treat my out yards now I have the truck idling while I am treating.
    Johno

Well I order 2 of Johno's Vaporizer's received them in like 3 days after ordering and they were packaged very well. It's not sleek looking like the ProVap 110(but about 1/3 price of the ProVap 110) looks great to me . It is very well made and appears will last for many years in the future.
    I haven't a chance to actually try it out on some of my hives yet, but don't think I'll be disappointed.

Pros:
    Fast Shipper
    Fast Response Time
    Very affordable
    Well Built
    Can Change Temp -Per set to 450f in about 2mins(see picture)1541808261-1541807984773.jpg1541808261-1541807998866.jpg

Cons:
    None Real - Maybe a longer cord

I'm sure RayMarler will write a review of what he thinks about it. He should have it in a few days.

Here is a few pictures of it up close of Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer
    1541808261-1541807967391.jpg
    1541808261-1541807955269.jpg
    1541808261-1541807975031.jpg

Once I get a chance to use it on some Hives I'll let ya know what i think.

Thankx Again John looks like you did a very good job making these Vaporizers

Norm

I have been asked by some keepers as to how often I replace the duck tape on the vaporizer, well after more than a year the tape on my vaporizer is doing fine, the only reason the tape is there is to prevent the insulation from unraveling and it seems to be doing its job very well. If it should get damaged in some way just wrap some more around and as the chamber heats up the duck tape shrinks onto the insulation.
    Johno

I also ordered and I agree:
    -Appears to be a good/ sturdy build
    -Fast shipping
    -Johno answered any questions courteously and promptly

It was a no brainier for me. I had priced the parts and I am not a DIY er. I am sure anything I tried to piece together would have been a disaster. The cost is the same as one Varrox wand. I added a 400 watt inverter, for around $33, from Lowes. My only question is should I order another one while they are available? I have not fired it up yet but will soon...

Thanks Johno

Steve
    sc-bee

Looks like I know what I'm putting on my Christmas list. I've been looking at ways/alternatives to treat for varroa and this is fantastic.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast