Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Johno's Easy Vap - Vaporizer

Can I run an inverter off of a 12 volt lawn mower battery to use your Easy VAp?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

I am not sure that a lawn mower battery will have sufficient power to run the inverter at a 275 watt load from such a small battery as the volt drop under load could trip out the inverter. Then again what size in cold cranking amps is the battery as I have seen different sizes in lawn mower batteries. If i can find some spare time I could try it out and will let you know but I hope you are not in a hurry for an answer. Anyone else tried an Easy Vap with a lawn mower battery?

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendlytoo View Post
    Can I run an inverter off of a 12 volt lawn mower battery to use your Easy VAp?
    Last year I purchased one of Walmart's lawn mower batteries and it handled my DIY Vap just fine.
    I think it was an Everstart, I can check it when I get home.

If you are using a pan type of vaporizer it draws around 13 to 15 amps and where the voltage settles does not matter, however for a band heater vaporizer the draw when heating would be around 23 to 24 amps and the inverter used is normally voltage sensitive. I f the voltage from a small lawn mower battery drops under that load the inverter may shut down, I say may as I do not have the battery specs and it all depends on the internal resistance of the battery as to how low the voltage will drop on a given amperage load. The smaller the battery the higher will be its resistance. Also a deep cycle battery will have a higher resistance than a cranking battery. This stuff all depends on the total surface area of the plates and the bigger the battery the greater the area of plates. Also as the band heater vaporizer draws almost twice the current of a pan type does not mean that it is less efficient just remember that it treats 5 times faster than the pan heater and also switches on and off during use.

This is the best thing I have ever used ,awesome,fast shipping,when Thur my my hives so fast it was nuts ,great product,

I got mine and it’s great, so much easier than the wand. I wish I got one earlier.

Johno, what is your availability on the units? Thanks.

Any recommendations for an Inverter to hookup to my car's battery to run the Easy Vap? Had to move some hives to
    a new location that doesn't have any close AC powersources.

Thanks!

Jared

Blue Tick, once again demand is greater than production so I have a bout a 4 week waiting list. email me at [email protected] if you want to get onto the list. J2t most beekeepers use a 500 watt inverter clipped to a battery, your truck or whatever, these were available at Amazon for around $30 but cannot tell now as prices seem to be jumping up on most stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by j2t View Post
    Any recommendations for an Inverter to hookup to my car's battery to run the Easy Vap? Had to move some hives to
    a new location that doesn't have any close AC powersources.

Thanks!

Jared
    I believe it needs to be 750watts - peak 1500 watts.

My inverter handles the easy vap with those parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by username00101 View Post
    I believe it needs to be 750watts - peak 1500 watts.

My inverter handles the easy vap with those parameters.
    It should handle the load easily; the power draw is something less than 300 watts. Good to have some spare capacity but I question the 750 watt figure. Could that be a 750 Watt peak rating?
    Frank

The Easy Vap and the Easy Vap Pro are both rated at 275 Watts but many inverters are way over rated so I doubt you will manage with a 300 watt inverter, you may get away with a 400 watt inverter but as the difference in price between a 400 and a 500 is not much and you can be sure that the 500 is heavy enough to do the job with some to spare so I would not go below 500 watts. If you have uses for a larger inverter you can use a larger inverter.

There is a new model out specially for Canadian beekeepers called the throw away pro, special delivery by the Canadian postal services. You may like the new erganomic bowl but will probably dump the thing before you use it. mites will just up and leave home when they see you coming with it.thumbnail_IMG_7641.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7639.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    There is a new model out specially for Canadian beekeepers called the throw away pro, special delivery by the Canadian postal services. You may like the new erganomic bowl but will probably dump the thing before you use it. mites will just up and leave home when they see you coming with it.thumbnail_IMG_7641.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7639.jpg
    Looks like someone went postal on that delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    I think it would be safe to say that Postman is NOT a fan of President Trump's tariffs.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

Probably still works, no?

Calling whoever is responsible for this not a fan is being very nice to them, I would call them something else that I could not print here. As for tarrifs it cost an arm and a leg to ship and I doubt I will get my fingernail clippings back.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567