Lid pops off

Thread: Lid pops off

Default Lid pops off

I've had the teflon lid pop off a couple times when the Provap is turned over and the OA starts to heat. Is there a reason or a solution?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Lid pops off

Quote Originally Posted by ktg View Post
    I've had the teflon lid pop off a couple times when the Provap is turned over and the OA starts to heat. Is there a reason or a solution?
    Make sure the cap is secure; the lip of the cap should rest on the outside of the bowl. Make sure that you are not pushing the stem into an obstructed hole and clean the stem after usage, by allowing water to flow thru it while it is still warm (not hot)....... If needed, purchase new o-rings for the caps.
    Do NOT drill a hole in your brood chamber to vaporize! You'll most likely shoot the OA directly into a sidebar causing back pressure on the vaporizer which could cause the lid to pop off.
    Last edited by snl; 08-31-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    Make sure the cap is secure; the lip of the cap should rest on the outside of the bowl. Make sure that you are not pushing the stem into an obstructed hole and clean the stem after usage, by allowing water to flow thru it while it is still warm (not hot)....... If needed, purchase new o-rings for the caps.
    Thanks!

I have had the lid pop off because the teflon cap was not as clean as I thought and there were some crystals of OA gunking up the o-ring. Test the fit before you plug it in to make sure it seats properly.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

See post #2 and #4
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

The only time I've had this happen was when the outlet was stopped up. Make sure that is always free of obstructions (oxalic, propolis, or other) because that's a dangerous situation.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only