"This accident was operator error but I wanted folks to know what occurred because I think it can happen to anyone using this device.
I've been using a (redacted) successfully for two years without a problem until yesterday. I use it per the manufacturer's instructions with one exception:
>"This vaporizer is most easily used from the back of the hive, where a small (¼”) hole is drilled in the back center of the ¾” rim of the bottom board that supports the bottom brood box."
The exception is that, with my equipment, I couldn't drill the holes in the bottom board rim so I drilled them in the box below the rear hand hold. It worked just fine until a frame inside one box managed to get aligned with the whole. That only leaves about 3/8 inch between the frame and the inside surface of the box where the hole is drilled. When I inserted the discharge tube, which is about 1 1/2 inches long, it must have butted up against the frame's end bar leaving no room for the gases to exit. As a result, when I turned the (redacted) over to sublimate the oxalic acid, the white Teflon lid that holds the oxalic acid exploded off the device spewing extremely hot gas and liquid OA everywhere. I had a full face respirator which saved my face from severe burns"
full story here http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/w...e.com&P=170585
I removed the product name do to the described operator error and it not being the products fault.
I have argued the need for a full face respirator with hand held vaporizers, to witch many have rebuffed me. I see it like a seat belt... you don't need one on 99.999% of your drives, just when something goes wrong
please don't alow this tread to drag great products threw the mud
I posted to point out the often given beesorce recommendation of a paper dust mask and safty glasses with such devices is inadequate, not as an attack on a product or method of treatment, both are sold when used properly