Dry Wax Cappings For Sale

Default Dry Wax Cappings For Sale

Sold by the barrel. Dry cappings from Treatment Free Apiary. Pick up.May consider shipping in 55 g pails. 2$ a pound for buckets or barrels. Contact [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Dry Wax Cappings For Sale

How many barrels do you have and is that $2 a lb for finish goods or raw cappings.

We have 5 barrels ranging from 60pounds to 110 pounds of dry cappings, cleaned by bees. The 2$ a pound is for the dry raw cappings in the barrel.

Generous Charlie B GAVE me FOR FREE, SO FAR, a bucket of cappings last week. I solar melted it. My conclusion with buying cappings on a small scale is that as cappings it has no value. The value is only extracted by getting paid for the time and equipment it takes to make it into saleable wax and cooked honey. Maybe on a large scale it pays.

15.6 pounds full down 4" from top
    Wax 5.2 lbs

Bucket 1.7 lbs.

Solar honey slumgum. 8.7 lbs.

Solar honey value 7.5 X $1.50 = $11.25

Wax 5.2 X $6 = $31.20

Total value $42.45

Minus labor, equipment, hot water, dump cost, buckets

Labor. - dump bucket in, get product out, rinse honey off wax, drain honey out of pan. Re-melt honey later to refine it. Not very handsome hourly wage.

How are you getting that much waste slumgum from cappings? I only get wax and some cooked honey when I process cappings (and even burr comb I pulled off the hives doing checks). I only get lots of waste if I scrape brood comb off.

I do, however, process my wax in a hot box set to 165 degrees and filtered through restaurant cone hot oil filters.

Solar honey, slumgum. 8.7 lbs. combined weight. I did not seperate or weigh the slum gum, just did the math.