Stock pot valve

Thread: Stock pot valve

Default Stock pot valve

Looking at buying a large stock pot for heating syrup. I can drill aluminum with my step bit but would like suggestions for a size and heat resistant valve to dispense into jugs once it's cooled. Concerned about expansion/seals/leaks.
    Tired of the mess. Not big enough for pumping systems. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

I would look at home brewing supply stores for beer. My 10g kettle with stainless valve has been through many rolling boils and rapid cool downs with no issues.

Default Re: Stock pot valve

Yeah, I'm sure that would work. Just trying to avoid the ones already made. Pretty pricey.

honstly heat the water in a smaller pot, mix in 5 gal bucket
    unless your thinking about a realy big stock pot

if you mix 1.5 to 1 you can just use hot tap water and skip the stove all together
    "oh well, let us stick to science. let them have their beliefs and intuitions!" -Medhat Nasr

Actually that makes sense. I'm thinking about working with 5 gallon buckets with pour spouts anyway. That would save me having more gear. i can heat a few gallons at a time already.

I used to use 5galbuckets with hot tap water and mix up in.They had spigots I added to them and they came from a brewery supply.I would have them set up around hives and fill jars as I needed to.You need 2:1 sugar in them so you dont have your syrup ferment on you.

Dan, Amazon has a s/s bulkhead fitting and valve for around $15. Bunch of supplies for the home brew crowd. The one I saw was 1/2" and had a barb for a hose on the valve. The sealing o ring is high temp.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Dan, Amazon has a s/s bulkhead fitting and valve for around $15. Bunch of supplies for the home brew crowd. The one I saw was 1/2" and had a barb for a hose on the valve. The sealing o ring is high temp.
    Thanks, Man. Hey, the Scots liked the Tulip Poplar.
    Quote Originally Posted by snapper1d View Post
    I used to use 5galbuckets with hot tap water and mix up in.They had spigots I added to them and they came from a brewery supply.I would have them set up around hives and fill jars as I needed to.You need 2:1 sugar in them so you dont have your syrup ferment on you.
    It looks like the way I'll try for now but I won't leave them in the field. I put a gallon+ into each hive at a time until they slow down.

Check out brewhardware dot com, any other homebrew sites. Search for weldless bulkhead fitting.