A new ventilated suit

Default A new ventilated suit

I'm looking to get a new ventilated suit.
    Which one is your choice?
    I'm tending toward the Dadant but
    I'm open to others. My canvas suit just has
    me dripping wet on these 95 deg days.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: A new ventilated suit

Oh no! Another which is the best bsuit to buy question..........there are a gazzillion threads on this.......look around..
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

don't buy the one that Mann Lake had on sale 3 weeks ago, worst suit I ever bought, had to use safety pins to pin up the front of the hood as I was looking out through the top, and it's only two layers, cooler but no more protection, and they use so much Velcro at the top of the zipper, my beards losing hair every time I use it.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Very happy with my new Golden Bee Products jacket. Would be well worth your time to
    contact Susie Lemoine down in Louisiana.

Different folks and different preferences.

I got the 1-down-from-top-of-the-line from Mann Lake. Still vented, but heavier than their top-priced suit. The advantages for me is that it is more rugged and fit me better than their top suit. If you're not going to do cutouts, the other suit will be just fine. If you are concerned about tearing, this one has held up very well.

I've had very few times where it caught my beard. It handles washing well. It's hood is far better for doing cutouts. And it is fairly sting-proof. Note that I have the full suit not just the jacket, my bees laugh at jeans and would be happy to kill me through them. There is a meaningful fit difference between jackets and full suits, even within the same line.

Your best bet is to go to an event where multiple BK suppliers will be present, and try some suits on. See what fits you best and get that. One more reason for that is their sizes really don't line up with one human's view a 'size' as being, so there is no substitute for trying them on.

Thanks for the input.

I knew that asking for a "best" just invites criticism.

I'm starting to hate my cheep canvas suite and was looking for a
    ventilated upgrade, that's all. Obviously I could just buy one, they
    just aren't that expensive but I thought I would ask first and get
    the opinion of the group.

Bob333 the good one are expensive.

I just bought an Ultra Breeze jacket. Good quality, fits well, works as planned. I like it. I bought on recommendation from several others in my club.
    I am partnering it with a set of gloves from Dadant, goat skin and mesh cuffs (pg 3 in gloves on line)
    Indeed, too many choices to pick BEST.

Phil in Fremont

Phill you are better off buying from Buckgo. If you buy three pair at a time they are under $ per pair. I normally pick up a doz pair and sell some to club members. So that mine end up being free.

For myself, I got a full suit from Humble Bee. It’s really great quality and is holding up well. Several weeks ago, I got my boyfriend an Ultrabreeze. The two are very similar. Both have 3 layers of ventilated material and while I didn’t compare them side by side, I believe they use the same materials or something very close. From what I remember, there are two differences. First, the veils are different shapes with the Ultrabreeze having a stiffer screened area than the Humble Bee suit. Second, the veil detaches from the Ultrabreeze but not the Humble Bee. Both suits have very high quality, heavy duty zippers. I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

I have the humble bee 420. The hood is detachable on it ant is 3 layers also. I will not say it is sting proof but none have gotten me yet.

I have a humble bee 331. A little big on me but the price was real right. Have not been stung in a year.