Waterproof labels

Default Waterproof labels

It's commonly recommended to put a container of crystallised honey in warm water to liquidise it. This can ruin the label in the process and leave a feeling of poor quality.

Some companies that sell white vinyl stickers have suggested that their labels are waterproof and are therefore suitable for this; however, no company seems to able to provide any sort of professional reassurance or recommendation as to whether their labels are suitable for this.

Are there any type of label that one can submerge in warm water, and the label not be ruined by doing so?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Waterproof labels

My experience is while they hold up better you always get a water mark on the jar/label, etc. and the adheasive can sometimes be a problem. (It can be much worse depending on your water).

The best way I've found to liquify jars and keep them presentable for sale is to put them in a hot box. No water marks and it doesn't matter what type of label you use.

They are simple, a thermostat and a heat source and you can precicely control the temperature. You can also heat at a lower temperature, but for longer, to liquify the honey and won't have as much effect on the quality. They can be as simple as a cooler or old fridge with light bulbs or a heating element. I have found with larger warmers you do need a fan to keep the temperature even.

Why dont you ask the label mfg. To send you a sample.of their labels. Then test to see if their labels are to your standards. If a company isn't willing to send you a sample of their product, I'd move on to one that is willing to earn your business.

Microwave to liquefy.
    I use weatherproof labels from OnlineLables.com and they stand up in the dishwasher.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/materia...ser_labels.htm

Just had some in a restaurant that the ink with my address was wash off. Supplied by Better Bee

Maybe have the label printed right on the container?

You can put your jars/bottles in ziplock bags, use the “water displacement method” to evacuate air, drop them in hot/warm water. Basically “sous vide” them ... look it up. Personally I love the Anova Sous Vide.

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    Microwave to liquefy.
    I use weatherproof labels from OnlineLables.com and they stand up in the dishwasher.

Will they make the labels for you or do the just sell the materials?

Thanks
    ZONE 5A WVwildernessapiaries.com

When you buy the labels they give you three months free on their Maestro Label Designer website. You can print the label yourself or have them print it.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Varian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    Microwave to liquefy.

Will they make the labels for you or do the just sell the materials?

Thanks
    All of my opinions and suggestions are based on my five decades of actual beekeeping,
    not so much on book learning, watching YouTube videos nor reading internet sites.

Vinyl labels are waterproof. Paper labels are not.Honey decals.png

We got our labels from Uprinting.com and this is what we ordered:

Roll Labels
    Shape: Oval
    Size: 2.5" x 4"
    Material: White BOPP (Indoor)
    Lamination / Coating: Gloss Indoor Laminate

They are perfectly waterproof - can even go through the dishwasher. We are extremely happy with these labels.