Ohio Bee Box Company
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ohio Bee Box Company

What happened to this company? I clicked their ad over on the right edge and all I get is a screen saying that their website has expired?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Ohio Bee Box Company

I might also add that I sent an email to [email protected] yesterday and no reply as yet regarding their website. I also called the phone number listed on my FedEx label found on the box of my last order received from them which had a return name of Justin Cheesman @ 419-989-8337 and the message mailbox is full. Something sounds a little suspect to say the least!

Thumbs Up Re: Ohio Bee Box Company

Maybe Justin isn't producing product right now. Not really suspect. He has been in and out of the business over the years. Maybe he found something better to do with his time. Justin if you took the summer off to go fishing, you should have called. I called your boat number and left you a long sad message.

A week or so ago, their site had a message about being on vacation. I don't remember the "return" date.

This is not good. The website's still down. The Facebook page is also down. Hope everything's okay at OBB...they were easily the best woodenware supplier, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Arthur View Post
    Hope everything's okay at OBB...they were easily the best woodenware supplier, in my opinion.
    I'll second that! Seem like nice guys too.

Does anyone have an update on OBBC? I hope they're still making boxes!

Quote Originally Posted by mcon672 View Post
    I'll second that! Seem like nice guys too.
    third
    Started April Fools Day 2017

Just clicked their add at the right. Site is back up.

wow, and the stuff I had in my cart are still in there. I had just checked it before I posted and it was still down.
    Started April Fools Day 2017

Thanks for the update!

Well I think it would be nice and also alleviate a whole lot of questions if Justin were to reply to this thread and let us all know if he is indeed open for new orders. I enjoyed doing business with him in the past and would like to continue, but some assurance would sure go a long way in placing future orders.

I recently received this personal reply from Corey and he gave me permission to post it here. So it looks as though we can still use Ohio Bee Co. for our needs!

"Hello Rick. I'm sorry about the recent shutdown. It was shutdown due to a transfer of ownership. I worked for justin in 2017 for a little while helping build and ship out orders. He has recently decided that he wants to migrate to just working his bees and selling honey and bees. After he shut the site down I had asked him about buying the business as I have all the equipment and was already building woodenware in my shop. I did not get his beesource account. I will look into it and make an account. We are open for orders and ready to ship them out!"

Orders can be sent through the www.ohiobeebox.com website, or I believe the ad to the right will still get you there.

Thank you for posting, and thank you to Coreyfor keeping the business alive! I buy a lot of wooden ware from obb and am glad it's still alive.

Ordered a pallet of supers in 2016, delivered in 2017. 10% were junk, with ears not matching up. Others I know who ordered pallet quantity at the same time had the same issues. Hopefully this is fixed with new ownership.
    South Texas Apiaries, LLC
    www.Facebook.com/SouthTexasApiaries

Do mann lake wood frames fit well in the Ohio bee boxes? I’ve noticed that some of the old style frames like Kelley’s sit lower in the mann lake boxes. Anyone have experience with the quality of Ohio bee boxes recently?

Anyone receive recent deliveries? Were they shipped timely?

Yes got some a few months back. Shipped the same week. Wood is high grade, but the joints are way off on several. Overlapping fingers on most. Would need a belt sander before painting.

Old thread, but it seems to be the most recent on the company. I have had a much different story than some of you. Currently enrolled college student and me and my girlfriend decided to start keeping bees on her parents farm.

Originally ordered deeps from ohiobeeboxcompany on January-20-2019. Followed by a few failed to send emails(email not set up) at the end of January. Finally I left a voicemail (after his email was down) stating that if I did not get a response I would cancel my order. Because at this point everything is a little unsettling.

Well he finally called me back on Feb 1-2019. Cory Told me over the phone that he recently bought the business and was getting things back into order.

Feb-9-2019 at 11:53 pm I finally received my first response email "It is packed up and will be shipped Monday."

Well it is now Feb-15-2019. We are back to no responses too my emails or phone calls during business hours.

This is simple upsetting to me, I wished to support small business, and with theohiobeeboxcompany.com being a smaller business with excellent prices they seemed to fit the bill for my supplier. Sadly this has been a disaster I am nothing but disappointed. I can not defend saving a few dollars a box in exchange for no product and horrible customer service. It will be 4 weeks this Sunday from the day I ordered and still no product.

Every other company I ordered from included my suppliers I decided on for frames, foundation, suits, smokers, hive brushes, etc, has been delivered. We even ordered most of these items from different suppliers to compare products for future purchases, and every single thing has been delivered EXCEPT our boxes from OBBC.

@calfreeman - Sorry to hear that and I wish you luck getting it resolved.

I also appreciate your feedback. I was considering ordering from them and will hold off for now.
    Beekeeping 6 Years - 12 production hives and about 12 nucs - Treatment OAV Only

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast