Homemade bee repellant

Default Homemade bee repellant

I’m doing a forced abscond Monday and won’t have time to get honey robber or honey bee gone is there anything I can use readily available? I read vinegar works has anyone tried it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Homemade bee repellant

To move the bees off honey supers I made a mix of 1 oz. tea tree oil, 1 oz. almond extract and about 6 oz. rubbing alcohol. I sprayed it on a home made fume board and it worked like a charm clearing the bees out in just 3-4 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grady Stanley View Post
    To move the bees off honey supers I made a mix of 1 oz. tea tree oil, 1 oz. almond extract and about 6 oz. rubbing alcohol. I sprayed it on a home made fume board and it worked like a charm clearing the bees out in just 3-4 minutes.
    following
    www.savebeesflorida.com (Honeybee removals and top bar hives)

grady
    I was going to try that but when I got to looking at the prices of tree tea oil, I decided to buy fishers bee quick and be done with it. It is nice to hear another that had success with the formula you used though.
    Cheers
    gww
    zone 5b

I read in a search moth balls work to. Which makes since I was told I have to buy para moth for wax moths if I used regular moth balls the bees would never touch my supers again. I will try to video some of the removal and post back if peppermint oil worked and or moth balls.

Quote Originally Posted by gww View Post
    grady
    I was going to try that but when I got to looking at the prices of tree tea oil, I decided to buy fishers bee quick and be done with it. It is nice to hear another that had success with the formula you used though.
    Cheers
    gww

You are right, it is cheaper to buy the bee quick and next time I will. This time I didn't have anything on hand and needed to get the last of the honey I was taking before doing OAV mite treatment. But I was pleased to see how well the tea tree oil/almond extract mix worked.

Ok so peppermint oil did not work bees came to it. What did chase them out in droves was off with deet and diesel. Pretty harsh but they are leaving the tree and marching in my box

I tried this tonight and it didn't work for me.
    My bees looked at me like there were trying to say is that all you got lol