Mite Away Quick Strip possible oops

Default Mite Away Quick Strip possible oops

Yesterday I applied a strip to my brood box. This was my first time use of this product and afterwards realised I may have made an oops. I removed the inner wrap from the strip and then placed the strip on the frames. Is this going to be an issue? Should i go in and remove the strip and replace with one with the inner wrap intact?

Thanks,

Rene

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Mite Away Quick Strip possible oops

Personally, I'd pull it ASAP and replace it the correct way, the "paper" acts to control the fume release, so you potentially are bombarding them right now. Probably more so if it is real warm, but no point having to worry if you pull it now.
    “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic”

Call the manufacturer for advice, ASAP. But don't delay removing it if you can't reach them because I think you are dispensing a significant overdose right now.

You should use chemical-protective gloves to handle it and may need some sort of breathing protection when removing the stuff. And I don't know what you should do with material once it's out of the hive. For a start, I would seal it in the plastic container it came if it is now empty.

ETA: Contact for the manufacturer:

NOD Apiary Products USA Inc.
    P.O. Box 117,
    2325 Frankford Rd, Frankford, Ontario, Canada K0K 2C0
    www.nodglobal.com
    Product Information Telephone: (866) 483-2929

The directions are very clear about not removing the paper, but you are not the first person that I have heard about to have done so. It maybe useful for the manufacturer to consider printing "DO NOT REMOVE" on the paper.

Nancy

Thanks for the responses. I removed the strip and replaced with a wrapped one. The hive looked good so hopefully there was no damage.

Rene