Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Newbie in NC

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GaryG74 
#1 ·
Hi folks.

I've always loved Bees and I've decided to become a back yard beekeeper. I'm doing the usual newbie stuff... reading as much as I can on the subject, weeding out the BS, attending some local beekeeper meetings and planing just what I'm going to do, when, and why. I plan on setting up my hive boxes this fall and ordering some bees for next spring, OR, possibly catching a swarm during that time so that I start out with local bees. I don't know... time and more knowledge will tell.

I own a vintage automotive service and restoration shop here in Aberdeen NC and I'm a long time DIY person. I grew up in the Adirondacks of NY around dairy farms so I have a self sufficiency outlook on life. Keeping bees is only part of what my wife and I would like to do in the coming years. I'm 58 years old and we're planing on buying a farm in the country on some acreage in the coming year where we'll have some chickens, maybe a goat or two, a dog, some cats and perhaps, a cow.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn about beekeeping!

By the way, my username "Bhramari" is the Hindu Goddess of bees. Look her up on Wiki. She's pretty awesome.

Dean

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Neighbor and Welcome. You found a great location to get help with beekeeping here on the Forum. Just ask for help and you will get good info from beeks all over the world. Catching bee swarms is fun and a great way to get into the hobby. Good luck with your acreage and beekeeping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.