Re: can't believe it.. honey!
capping scratcher: I have three. Two are red-handled, molded things that look like a dog comb. They are night and day different. Either works great for clearing wax from the times of the other, but only one cleanly inserts into the tips of the cells for _lifting_ rather than scratching the cappings. The other's points are too dull. I need to find a way to sharpen it. The third is a machined and very nice-looking stainless steel lifter, but it also didn't work terribly well for me when I tried it. My cappings held honey at the rate of about one pound of honey per 8 frames. This will depend upon how much of the cells you take off with the cappings, but you might want to recover this rather than wash it off and _then_ melt the wax.
I mismanaged my colonies this year, many going queen less from some cause (I look in the mirror sometimes), but I mostly made bees rather than honey. The colonies I planned for honey refused mated queens from me after going queen less. One lives and learns. I pulled 3# each from my relatively well-capped and all-cells-full medium frames. They were not "fat" cells, and were spaced at 10 frames in a 10-frame box.
"I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong." (heard often from the late David Sebree) Still making them, myself