'Data Tailoring Option' pop-up

Default 'Data Tailoring Option' pop-up

'Data Tailoring Option' pop-up.

Whatever choice I make, the script is failing to record this selection on a cookie - even though cookies are enabled (Opera 12). So - on every BeeSource page I visit, this pop-up automatically re-appears, requiring 2 selections to be made each time.

I don't mind this pop-up appearing once, or even once each visit - but maybe 50 or so times each visit is getting far too much ...

This Data Selection pop-up has only started appearing during the last 48 hrs.
    LJ
    A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: 'Data Tailoring Option' pop-up

Block one of the sripts that are either the *cloudfront.net or the *threadloom.com because I'm not seeing this and I temp trusted part of this site to get my swarm removal details posted. In all fairness it might be FB thats doing it too SCREW YOU ZUCHERBERG!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

Well - if others are not seeing this, then you won't know what I'm talking about ...

Here are some screen-grabs:

These effectively lock the display until selections are made, and then as soon as another page is accessed, up they come again ! It's the persistence of them I'm complaining about - as this is driving me nuts ....

Only recently started - viewing the forum has been trouble-free until now.

I'll certainly try blocking the script - but such activity is well outside of my comfort zone.
    LJ

I use Opera as well and have never seen that. I do have ads blocked so I don't see many pop-ups anywhere.

The start of this snafu has coincided with the introduction of European Privacy Laws (which has already resulted in receiving dozens of letters and emails from those firms which already hold my 'data') so I'm guessing this is related to EU legislation in some way, and so will be a region-specific problem. But - the inability to record and act upon information stored in a cookie must surely be down to buggy programming ?

I've managed to 'solve' the problem for now by right-clicking on the forum webpage and disabling Javascript in 'site-preferences'. Bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut, and dunno what other functionality I've lost in the process, but at least doing that has stopped this particular piece of madness.
    Cheers,
    LJ

I was thinking it might be related to the EU Privacy Laws also. The only place I let scripts run on beesource is at the top level - beesource.com, all other javascript gets blocked as I descend such as - beesource.com/forums/. For grins I whitelisted the site for ads and unblocked all scripts for a brief time while browsing the site and didn't have any of the problems you have described. Hope you figure it out. I'm using Firefox on Windows 10.
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

Hey guys,

We're aware of this issue, for some reason they pop up isn't creating a cookie to remember your selection. We're working on getting it corrected, sorry for the inconvenience.

Niall