I have 2, 10-frame mediums as my brood chamber and I added a deep super with a queen separator last week as they were starting to fill up. Yesterday I found several supersedure cells in the top box of the brood chamber and few bees in the super.
My neighbor already seems annoyed at the 3 hives I have in my yard so Iím not looking to make a 4th. I got rid of the queen separator and switched the 2 brood boxes (based on an article I read). Anyone have any advice?
If you have a supercedure going on, then you aren't having a swarm, and there will be no increase in colonies as a result. It's just a queen change-out, managed by the bees.
Cell placement is only a guide to what's happening. Supercedure cells, swarm cells and emergency cells are all just queen cells.
Determining what is going on requires more info about what else the frames show.
If you want to make a very discrete, no additional stack in evidence, split then use a Snelgrove board (also called a double-screen board in some catalogs) to stop an imminent swarm. Afterward you can recombine the two parts back into one stack. Most laymen, and even most beekeepers, wouldn't recognize a Snelgrove board tucked into a stack as a split-in-progress.