Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProVap Pics Wanted

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Jtcmedic 
#1 ·
Hi,
If you have any pics (not videos) of you or a friend using the ProVap, please post them here.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Would love to have the extra cap but just not treating right now. Couple of weeks will have all our supers pulled and would be glad to "treat" a couple of hives and take some pictures. One of the GOOD problems when trying to make pictures when using the ProVao 110 is that treatment is so fast that you do not have time from start to finish to make pictures.

#13 ·
These are me treating a top bar hive and a Langstroth. The Provap is great for a top bar hive because the heating element never comes in contact with the wax or comb. Without a frame, the comb in the top bar hives always seemed to melt onto the vaporizer. I do need to split the treatment into 2 sections of the hive because the vapors do not move sideways very well. So I do the treatment about 1/4 of the way from the front and 1/4 of the way from the back of the hive. FYI, The langstroth hive is sitting on an empty top bar hive because it started out as a 3 frame mating nuc in May and just grew from there. I will be moving it over the winter. Beehive Insect Apiary Bee Wood
Beehive Apiary Beekeeper Insect

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.