Remotely controlled short term bee hive closing up system

Post Remotely controlled short term bee hive closing up system

Hi there,

I have invented something I have decided to disclosure to the world and share with all of you. Please fill absolutelly free to use this information in your personal work. I hope this might be useful, any comments are welcome! I'm developing a new project right now which will popup shortly. If you don't mind I can inform you for this as well.
    Thank you!

--- Outline ---
    The innovation is related to automatics, telematics and implements in the beekeeping area. The goal is the system to assure bee hive colony closing up simultaneous in multiple bee hives during periods of poison hazard without manual activities to be necessary. Using a rectangular frame fixed immediately to the front panel of the hive and a mobile door moved by electrical motor the system provides bee hive colony isolation into the hive. A local controller drives the process on hive level. A central controller provides central communication between the multiple hive local controllers and the operator. The telematics system provides control on group level on unlimited count of hives, thus rising significantly work beekeeper work efficiency when the number of the hives is high. The system protects the bee colonies through isolation always when it is necessary. This way the system helps in bee extinction preventing.

--- Full text ---
    Remotely controlled short term bee hive closing up.pdf

Best Regards

Vasil Vasilev
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    vasilbvbg(at)gmail.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Remotely controlled short term bee hive closing up system

You have to close them up only at night, otherwise you'd trap foragers outside and they wouldn't be able to get into the safety of the hive. Not a happy thought!

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

You are absolutelly right about the closing time! The action is initiated from the beekeeper itself. The system does not deciding to do anything alone but is just waiting for a command (sent by phone or Internet) from the beekeeper. So when you have been informed that a pesticide spreading is going to be done into the fields nearby you will be able to set appropriate date and time for hives closing (lets say 11:00 pm on the previous day) and opening (lets say 10:30am next day). The times are absolutelly dependent from the beekeepers choise, no problem at all!

BR, Vasil
    Last edited by vasilbvbg; 05-26-2018 at 11:25 PM.

I don't have a use for it Vasil, but thank you for your efforts to help beekeepers for free! J

Default New Project Announcement

Hi there,
    Iím really happy to inform you our project Hermes Smart have started now! You are welcome to check site www.hermessmart.eu for more info.
    BR, Vasil

Default Re: New Project Announcement

I've thought about rigging something up that would close in the middle of the night so everyone is in and then not open up in the morning tell its above 50-degrees. I find that in the fall in the early morning hours and below 50-degrees or so, the bees will be balled up and not protecting the entrance and yellow jackets have free reign to go in and out of the hives. I've seen yellow jackets flying around when it was just above freezing. They seem to handle cold much more than the bees. I've had a lot of problems with yellow jackets in this scenario and a devise like I described would be a good thing here. After it gets one good freeze, the yellow jackets are no longer a problem so there is a few weeks of vulnerability for the bees in the fall where there hasn't been a good freeze but the lows are below 50.

Really smart idea blamb61! Thank you for sharing with us! This is one more way smart hives may be really useful and productive!

Quote Originally Posted by vasilbvbg View Post
    Really smart idea blamb61! Thank you for sharing with us! This is one more way smart hives may be really useful and productive!
    I think there may be a simpler "dumb" way to handle it also. Just use a top entrance. The rising heat should keep the bees warm enough to guard the entrance. I'm going to pay attention to that this year and try that. I do like the idea of a smart hive though for some things. Would really like to be able to tell when a swarm is going to happen (different audio signature?) or when there is or isn't a queen present (detection of phermones?). Good luck all.