Queen ejected

Thread: Queen ejected

Default Queen ejected

Posted yesterday about deformed wings on young bee. Have Formic Pro on the way. Well I went to hive today and queen is in the ground struggling I put her on landing board and she made it back in. An hour later I watched a bee carry her back out and drop her. Shes in bad shape. The carry out tells me she has been rejected. She has been in hive 3 weeks now and all was well I thought. My deli a new is I have 2 nucs in Lang 8 med boxes two tall. The mite treatment was planned for tomorrow. I can go get a new queen 4 hrs on road but what does this do to treatment plan? Also why would queen last 3 weeks in hive, wondering if there was a queen cell, going to go look for that now. If there is should I still requeen? Just a little confusing as to what happened? Any thoughts would be apprecieated

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Queen ejected

Tmac, you need to open the hive & see what's going on. Otherwise it's all guesswork.
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

I am wondering if she had problems and they superseeded her. Was this queen from a new nuc or package or a requeen?

It sounds like some packages dont like the queen they get and requeen shortly after install. I would check what your hive looks like (eggs, larve, brood, queen cells) and then report back. If there are queen cells and any other hives in the area it may not be worth the 4 hr drive to get another queen.

Slightly off subject but realize the potential effects and limits on formic acid, or any of the other treatments. You may have a da%& if you do and da%& if you don't situation but just know what to expect and plan accordingly. The various discussion on treatments starts on page 11.

https://honeybeehealthcoalition.org/...pril2017_c.pdf
    “The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” -George Bernard Shaw

I was not totally clear on orig post. This was a nuc purchased 3 weeks ago, queen was new and released from a queen cage, w candy. Guess the really means it was not a true nuc. However all seemed well gong on 4 weeks. Then last Thursday I noticed deformed wings on nurse bee. Found I need to treat for mites due to deformed wing diease. Ordered Formic Pro for over nite delivery. Ok not good but problem solved I thought. Then Friday I go out and find queen on ground, I put her back and she was carried out by worker be ejected and attacked. Sighhhhh so inspected framed found very little in way of larve and capped brood. Saturday morning 5am I am on way back to supplier and they replaced queen. She is now in the hive in cage w candy. Have 2 hives purchased together, the other is looking really good, eggs larve and capped brood. We are going to wait until about the 15th till hive is queen rite before Formic pro treatment. I am guessing the first queen was possibly accepted but not productive and they then rejected her??? Thats the story still confused a little.