Weird glitch

Thread: Weird glitch

Default Weird glitch

I got a pm and the usual notification popped up. My script blocker/pop up blocker has always stopped a separate window from opening up with the pm, but the site has known it and I just get a blue background over "Notifications" at the top of the page. On this day, however, as the site popped up the notification, my power went out. No biggie, I came back to the site, read the pm, went on with what I usually do but the "Notifications" at the top has had a blue background with a 1 (I have the one notification) for the past few days.

I unblocked the entire site in my script blocker, read the pm (nothing showing as new) but the site insists I still have a new notification. It's nothing that I cant live with, its not even annoying, its just strange. Maybe when I get another pm it will go away as everything I've tried hasn't worked to get it to go away. Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem and how they fixed it.

I didn't clear cookies or cache.
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Weird glitch

Check your PM InBox for any other unread messages.
    Sometimes there's more than one message that you and/or the PM software missed.

I'm wondering if clearing cookies/cache might do the trick.

Erik

Im thinking that's probably where it's at. The notification tab is still lit up blue with 1 (unknown) message. I usually wipe cookies once a month but haven't been in the mood to re-log into every site I visit. Kinda hoping for another pm to see what happens then lol. If there was a pm waiting I would get the pop up from the site.

Thanks for the test pm Ray, glitch is still there. I'll clear cache/cookies soon

Let us know how that goes

Kevin

I cleared cache and deleted cookies, wiped temp files etc - I ran CCleaner which always does a good job and the glitch was still there. So I deleted the last 15 pms I've received and that did the job, no more glitch lol

I think I could have just deleted the pm that popped up when the power went out and that would have fixed it.

Well, I'm glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem. Please let us know if this issue resurfaces or if it's just a one-off situation due to the power outage.

Cheers,

Erik