Beesource advertisements (BAD)

Default Beesource advertisements (BAD)

I purchased an account upgrade to allow me to post in the for sale forum. As part of that terms show in the ad, it states we can edit our ads:

*When item sells, or offer pending, please mark the FIRST post in your thread as "Sold Out". To do so, click "Edit" on your first post then chose "Advanced Edit" then select the "Sold Out" icon in the lower table.
    This option isn't available after a short period of time.

Editing ads lets me mark thing sold out. Not everyone reads all the replies, and it results in wasted time on my behalf, and the customer's behalf. It also makes me look sloppy to the customer when I can't keep my inventory listing straight.

When I inquired with staff about this, they wanted me to pay more money to take advantage of the feature they already took money from me for.

https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...05#post1633205

I don't know about where they are from, but where I'm from this is considered dishonest at best, but most likely a form of fraud.
    Instrumental Insemination & Northern VSH Queens

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Beesource advertisements (BAD)

Quote Originally Posted by jcase View Post
    I purchased an account upgrade to allow me to post in the for sale forum. As part of that terms show in the ad, it states we can edit our ads:

This option isn't available after a short period of time.

Editing ads lets me mark thing sold out. Not everyone reads all the replies, and it results in wasted time on my behalf, and the customer's behalf. It also makes me look sloppy to the customer when I can't keep my inventory listing straight.

When I inquired with staff about this, they wanted me to pay more money to take advantage of the feature they already took money from me for.

https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...05#post1633205

I don't know about where they are from, but where I'm from this is considered dishonest at best, but most likely a form of fraud.
    Edits on posts has an expiry date. You can request the edit by sending a pm or reporting the post. We can add the word sold to your post or you can also just reply to your own post to say SOLD. The vendor account is more than just the ability to edit your own posts.
    -Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Edits on posts has an expiry date. You can request the edit by sending a pm or reporting the post. We can add the word sold to your post or you can also just reply to your own post to say SOLD. The vendor account is more than just the ability to edit your own posts.
    -Philip
    Your company sold me an account upgrade to allow me to post AND edit my posts in the for sale forum, with an expiry date of a year.

When I requested to use one of the features sold to me, you asked for more money.

That's one heck of a hustle.

The vBulletin software that Beesource runs on does not allow individual threads to have different editors. Editing permissions are assigned by sub-forum. That means that IF editing permissions were assigned to someone who paid for an ad in the For Sale forum, that person would be able to edit every thread in that sub-forum. And other users who posted in your thread could change their posts at will. I bet other advertisers would object to that.

The core of your issue is the way vBulletin works with editing permissions. There is no likelihood that Beesource is shifting off of vBulletin in the near future, so there isn't a practical way to implement what you asked for.

If you can't live within these limitations, I expect that Admin could arrange to cancel your For Sale subscription and refund your payment.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    The vBulletin software that Beesource runs on does not allow individual threads to have different editors. Editing permissions are assigned by sub-forum. That means that IF editing permissions were assigned to someone who paid for an ad in the For Sale forum, that person would be able to edit every thread in that sub-forum. And other users who posted in your thread could change their posts at will. I bet other advertisers would object to that.

The core of your issue is the way vBulletin works with editing permissions. There is no likelihood that Beesource is shifting off of vBulletin in the near future, so there isn't a practical way to implement what you asked for.
    Core of my issue is being asked for more money for something I had already paid for. I'm familiar with the inner workings of vBulletin, I was part of a code audit on it. Not to be rude, but your incorrect in your understandings of what vBulletin is capable of.

What I'm asking for is trivially possible. Change the time allowed to edit posts by their author, which we can already do for a short amount of hours.

If you can't live within these limitations, I expect that Admin could arrange to cancel your For Sale subscription and refund your payment.
    If BS can't configure their platform correctly to do what they sold, then refund and ad change would work. Not what I want but better than being hustled.

To be specific, something like this is all that is needed to make the service function as advertised

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243883

If BS can't configure their platform correctly to do what they sold, then refund and ad change would work. Not what I want but better than being hustled.
    I'm pretty sure that "being hustled" was not what went on here. Before Admin responded your original post in this thread in the first place, they asked moderators about your request. I was the only mod to respond, and I was the one that suggested that if the existing For Sale forum permissions didn't work for you, then a Vendor forum would be a way to solve your permissions issue.

I have nothing to do with the financial workings of Beesource, and it makes no difference to me who is/isn't a Vendor sub-forum owner. I made the suggestion as a way to allow you to edit your For Sale /Vendor posts on a continuing basis, not as a financial hustle.
    Graham

I'm pretty sure that "being hustled" was not what went on here. Before Admin responded your original post in this thread in the first place, they asked moderators about your request. I was the only mod to respond, and I was the one that suggested that if the existing For Sale forum permissions didn't work for you, then a Vendor forum would be a way to solve your permissions issue.

I have nothing to do with the financial workings of Beesource, and it makes no difference to me who is/isn't a Vendor sub-forum owner. I made the suggestion as a way to allow you to edit your For Sale /Vendor posts on a continuing basis, not as a financial hustle.

Man I appreciate you, nothing against you at all.

Admins need to get their stuff together. Again issue is what is advertised vs what is delivered. What is advertised is absolutely possible with vBulltin.

Admins need to address this, it's a financial and platform configuration issue.

FYI, I modified the posted rules for the For Sale forum to reflect the actual editing permissions setup, here:
    https://www.beesource.com/forums/announcement.php?a=5

It now plainly says that editing an earlier post is allowed only up to 24 hours, and after that one can reply to their own thread, or PM a moderator for more assistance.
    Graham

FYI, I modified the posted rules for the For Sale forum to reflect the actual editing permissions setup, here:
    https://www.beesource.com/forums/announcement.php?a=5

It now plainly says that editing is allowed only up to 24 hours, and after that one can reply to their own thread, or PM a moderator for more assistance.
    Thank you, still believe admins should deliver what was originally sold

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    -Philip

May I inquire as to why my consumer report was moved out of the consumer report area? I felt (feel) like I was not delivered what was sold to me, my issue is not with the site but how it was handled by the admins and how the product was not what was advertised.

I was the one that moved this thread.

Fundamentally, in my opinion, the issue is about the functioning of the forum rather than a vendor report.
    Graham

I was the one that moved this thread.

Fundamentally, in my opinion, the issue is about the functioning of the forum rather than a vendor report.
    Fair enough.

My issue is what was sold to me being not as described. My issue is with the people doing the selling, and how they advertised it, not with how it actually functions. If it were advertised as such then I would be fine with it.

Please consider why I made the report, and consider moving it back.

The wording in the For Sale forum rules had been unchanged for at least 5 years (based on the "last edit" timestamp) before my recent change. Presumably if the editing permissions was a recurring issue, someone previously would have complained, and the wording would likely have been re-phrased. VerticalScope had nothing to do with the wording, or how the edit permissions actually work as the situation is the same as it was prior to VS.

If you don't find the For Sale forum useful, [understanding that messages can only be edited for 24 hours] then you can choose not to use the For Sale forum. If you want a refund for your current subscription, then discuss that with Admin. But I see no likelihood that the editing permissions are going to be revised anytime soon.

I'm not moving this thread. And starting a new one in the Consumer Reports forum would be futile.
    Graham

The wording in the For Sale forum rules had been unchanged for at least 5 years (based on the "last edit" timestamp) before my recent change. Presumably if the editing permissions was a recurring issue, someone previously would have complained, and the wording would likely have been re-phrased. VerticalScope had nothing to do with the wording, or how the edit permissions actually work as the situation is the same as it was prior to VS.

If you don't find the For Sale forum useful, [understanding that messages can only be edited for 24 hours] then you can choose not to use the For Sale forum. If you want a refund for your current subscription, then discuss that with Admin. But I see no likelihood that the editing permissions are going to be revised anytime soon.

I'm not moving this thread. And starting a new one in the Consumer Reports forum would be futile.
    I understand the misleading phrasing has been up for years. Rephrasing it and saying "whoops that isnt accurate" would have been understandable. Saying "no but you cant pay us more money if you want to post and edit ads" is a little different (again this wasn't you that did this, and I'm not blaming you for it, I think you have handled this professionally, the admins not so much).

I never suggested I would start a new one, if that was my intent I would have done it. I already realize any complaints regarding VS will not remain in the consumer report forum, so starting a new one would be futile. Then again, when the report forum starts getting censored it becomes a bit worthless.

I won't post again regarding it, sorry to take your time.