Please enable edits for for sale threads

Default Please enable edits for for sale threads

Sometimes prices go down, sometimes prices go up, sometimes things change, or sell out. It would nice to be able to maintain a single OP showing your current stock, and not require your customers to check multiple threads or scroll through a long list of replies to figure out what is current.
    Instrumental Insemination & Northern VSH Queens

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Please enable edits for for sale threads

Sorry for the delay in response. Was just checking some things.

If you want that level of control over your posts, you might consider being an official site Vendor. Let me know if you are interested

Kevin

To expand on that a bit, Kevin is referring to (as a vendor) getting your own sub-forum (similar to Lappe's or Oxavap etc). Within their own sub-forums, vendors have Moderator permissions to modify and/or delete posts and threads. AFAIK there is not a 24hr edit limit there, so threads can be modified at any time by the Vendor (who is his own Moderator in that forum.)

If you choose to just stick with the For Sale 'classifieds', here are some things to consider:
    Perhaps you didn't realize that a For Sale thread that does not get "new" posts will soon scroll off the bottom of the first page of listings. So adding additional posts to your own existing thread 'bumps' the entire thread to the top of the page, and also in the forum-wide New Posts page. If you merely edit an existing thread with an update, there is no 'bump' effect.

The 'bump' effect is significant enough that some vendors might periodically make a trivial post to their existing threads just to bump them. Barry even created a rule to discourage that bumping too frequently.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

That is pretty weak to be honest. It is outright dishonest and fraudulent, as the advertisement for the account upgrade (what got me and others to purchase) straight up says we can edit the posts.

*When item sells, or offer pending, please mark the FIRST post in your thread as "Sold Out". To do so, click "Edit" on your first post then chose "Advanced Edit" then select the "Sold Out" icon in the lower table.
    So basically you sold me one thing, provided another, and are now telling me to pay MORE money if I actually want what you sold me? I guess that deserves a customer report of it's own.

https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...19#post1633219
    Instrumental Insemination & Northern VSH Queens

Quote Originally Posted by jcase View Post
    That is pretty weak to be honest. It is outright dishonest and fraudulent, as the advertisement for the account upgrade (what got me and others to purchase) straight up says we can edit the posts.

So basically you sold me one thing, provided another, and are now telling me to pay MORE money if I actually want what you sold me? I guess that deserves a customer report of it's own.

https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...19#post1633219

If you want to ad SOLD to a thread at the start and your edit permissions are expired you can PM this account with the link and request to ad sold to your post. You can also report the post and add a request to make the change there as well.
    -Philip