Help listing my free swarm removal service

Default Help listing my free swarm removal service

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I am trying to list my free swarm removal service and after I fill in my information the site does not show the “random characters” to complete the submission.

Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Help listing my free swarm removal service

This situation is not one that Beesource moderators can fix, but yesterday I set up a ticket alerting VerticalScope Admin of this issue.

Others are having the same problem.

Updates will get posted to this thread, when available.

FYI, this is in reference to: http://beeremovalsource.com/add-your-listing/
    (The required "captcha" is not visible, so the captcha cannot be completed.)
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thanks rader, as I have this issue also. Thanks, Richard

Thanks for bringing this to our attention folks. I've gone ahead and escalated the issue to our technical team (Case #3062490) Hopefully we will be able to get this issue resolved soon!

Cheers,

Erik

I have also been trying to relist myself in the swarm removal/bee removal section and the captcha? isnt showing so I can post. Been trying for a few weeks now.
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

Quote Originally Posted by rwurster View Post
    I have also been trying to relist myself in the swarm removal/bee removal section and the captcha? isnt showing so I can post. Been trying for a few weeks now.
    I have been trying for quite awhile as well. Any news yet from that technical team, Admin?

Any chance that some overly patient person could add people manually, since this issue is taking so long to fix? That would be truly awesome and greatly appreciated.

I realize there may be way too many requests, and way too little time, for this to be feasible. Just thought I would ask...

I'm not sure , but im.thinking nobody is trying to get this fixed. I've been trying for months, and no results either... anyone want oo help us out? Please.... thanks....

I have been trying for over a year and no luck. Can’t find anyone willing to help.

I pinged tech on this today and here's what we came back with.

GCP has caused an issue where the captcha wont self update. We're looking at a way around it but for now its in the hands of the techs.

While we spoke about removing the captcha, it would open the site to be flooded with spam as bots will latch onto any site they can get their hands on. It would create a giant mess.

We're working on it. We apologise for the inconvenience.

- Jb

Admin,

Glad to hear someone is working on it. Let's hope it doesn't take them too long!

Doing what we can. Since its not self-updating, we need to look around some other options. It's a tricky one.

- JB

Wish someone would get this working !!! Been trying for months , since december i think. Shoildnt be that hard for it trck to figure out......thank jw, ill look them up !!!
    Last edited by Richinbama; 07-13-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Rich, there is a national bee removal registry that you can sign up on. I got two calls this year through them after waiting a year to get listed on beeremovalsource. Still not listed. Be aware that the site gets trolled and you may get some strange emails once in a while.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Doing what we can. Since its not self-updating, we need to look around some other options. It's a tricky one.

- JB
    Admin,

I have seen sites with a button to allow the user himself to update the CAPTCHA in case it was illegible. That might be a good idea, since it won't self-update.

If that is not possible, and if this problem takes much longer to get fixed, I have another idea. You could announce a date and time on which the CAPTCHA would be removed entirely for, let's say, six hours. During those six hours, all the beekeepers who have been patiently waiting to list their services on it could go to the site and sign up. That way you could minimize the spam, and the folks who have been waiting for awhile could finally get on the list. I realize that you and the other people involved have time constraints and important obligations elsewhere; I am merely "throwing this out there." What do you think?

Or here's a better idea: instead of a CAPTCHA, have site users answer the simple question "How many legs does a bee have?" Spambots won't be able to answer, and human beings will. Even if someone didn't know that bees have six legs, it would only take seconds for them to look it up. That way you could eliminate both the CAPTCHA and the spam completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Govan View Post
    Or here's a better idea: instead of a CAPTCHA, have site users answer the simple question "How many legs does a bee have?" Spambots won't be able to answer, and human beings will. Even if someone didn't know that bees have six legs, it would only take seconds for them to look it up. That way you could eliminate both the CAPTCHA and the spam completely!
    Text based Q and A verifications are the easiest for a bot to break it just takes a dictionary script or the person programming the bot to see the page once. In fact we're moving to recaptcha throughout most if not all of the network which is easier for humans and more stopping for bots as it is timing and cookie based. So if you have a script hit a page 10,000 times in a minute, it'll stop you from registering. Whereas a person just hast to click a checkbox

Kyle

So do we now have a timeline for when we will be able to re-post our swarm removal services?

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA just yet. We'll update you as soon as we know more.

As long as it's fixed before next swarm season... around March 2019, I'll be happy

We'll update you the second we know more, thanks so much for bearing with us guys.

Niall