Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

California Backyard Beekeeper

940 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  GaryG74 
#1 ·
Hi there fellow beekeepers. I'm just starting out and experimenting with several different things. There is so much (contradicting) information online, it can be overwhelming. So far, so good. My children and I are excited about harvesting honey.

#5 ·
MiMi, if you haven't already get a good bee book, or two, or three. When I started out, about a year before getting any bees, I read: The Beekeeper's Handbook by Diana Sammataro and Alphonse Avitabile, The Backyard Beekeeper by Kim Flottum and Honey Bee Hobbyist The Care and Keeping of Bees by Norman Gary, PhD. I marked pages I figured I'd be referring to a lot. Much easier than trying to hunt things down on the internet.
A LOT of the contradicting information may be because Beekeeping can depend on your Ag zone, and location. What works in Arizona will not work in Washington. Welcome to the forum, there is a TON of helpful info one here also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.