Selling last Season's Honey - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Selling last Season's Honey

Warming honey in a microwave kills all of the "active" ingredients. The honey at this point is no longer "Raw Honey" and should not be sold as such.
    De Colores,
    Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Hello Ken,

As I said:
    For my own use, I remove the lid if the honey is to crystallized and stick it in the microwave. I hope I am not removed from the beesource member list now after I committed to this low-class action, but it works just fine. I also tell my buyers to use this process, because it is very easy to find the right consistency, 10 seconds, 20 seconds or 30, however one likes it.
    I am not a physicist, but I don't believe 10, 20 or even 30 second of one pounds of honey in the microwave will
    kill all of the "active" ingredients

Again, the important part is that I sometime do it for my own honey (and have not found any difference in taste or such), but don't do it for the honey I sell ( I don't have that larger of a microwave anyway).

Cheers, Joerg
    Summ Summ Bienchen summ herum

My reply was only to inform, so that others that sell honey would think twice about nuking their crystalized honey. When asked about nuking honey I always advise my clients to not do it. Most of them want the honey for their allergies. I in no way meant to say that you couldn't/shouldn't do it for your use.
    De Colores,
    Ken

In looking at the design, I am very impressed. I am concerned though since the old fashion 100 watt bulbs are being phased out, what other heating sources are available? or do the newer bulbs also give off enough heat to do the job?

[QUOTE=psm1212;1621053]I made this http://www.michiganbees.org/wp-conte...r_20100726.pdf and it works great.

Hello FrankBarbee,

Merry Christmas,this should not be a big issue, just use a infrared heat lamp, available in most hardware stores, from 125 watt up.

I would be concerned about the dimmer control and I use this: STC-1000--110-220V, search ebay for it. It can easily be set to 35C, with 3 or 4 differential. I use it in my wax melter set to 70 cut-out and 66C cut-in.

The STC-1000--110-220V can heat & cool. I have a number of controllers setup to be used wherever, whenever one is needed.

Joerg
    Summ Summ Bienchen summ herum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12