Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Was this an awesome stroke of luck....or what?! Short video

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  beemandan 
#1 ·
Did I ever get lucky! I knew I would be away all afternoon so I decided to set the camera up at the entrance to one of the swarm traps. It isn’t every day I catch a swarm. And then there are four traps so the odds are that even if I catch one there’s only a one in four chance I’d have the camera at the right one. Four hours compressed into less than two minutes. I think it was an awesome stroke of luck!
PS this one goes to swarm commander.

https://youtu.be/yxHN8zriVas

#2 ·
beeman
I never had a camera and so always had to do it the hard way. I have spent many hours watching the scouts at a trap. I have seen two swarms come in. I have been ready to walk away cause it seems like the scouts dry up (which seems to be shown in your video) just to have them all come at once.

I also have a lizard living in an empty hive on the stand with three hives. My lizard is brown though.
Cheers
gww

#3 ·
I also have a lizard living in an empty hive on the stand with three hives. My lizard is brown though.
The lizard in mine came out of the trap. I edited that part out as it was an hour earlier and I wanted to shorten the video. People don't want to watch a lizard lounging around on a landing board. I think this guy has been evicted. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.