Dirty beeswax or something else?

Default Dirty beeswax or something else?

Hi, in order to filter beeswax I use a large pot filled with water (2 inches aprox) and bulk beeswax over an electric stove, do not let the temperature elevates more than 185F, then thru the spigot pass it thru a very fine filter and I get this as a result (see picture). I use the same method with other beekeeperīs beeswax and never happened this before. Any suggestions? Just want to know of itīs just very dirty beeswax so I just can do it all over again or is it maybe not good beeswax for candlemaking. Thanks much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Dirty beeswax or something else?

There is always something on the bottom of the wax... usually pollen particles or minerals mixed with wax or something. It looks normal for me. Scrape it off.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Default Re: Dirty beeswax or something else?

Thanks so much Michael! I was worried this particular batch had something wrong. Much appreciated! I used 1 and 5 micron filters so thought it was weird. Anyway, Iīll dot it again, thank you very much!