How many mites come with a swarm? Personal video

Default How many mites come with a swarm? Personal video

Another of my experiments.
    How many mites do you suppose rode along with this swarm? 50? 1000? They were from June splits, queened with vsh stock from Broke-T Apiaries in Mississippi and treated with Apivar last June with the treatment going through late July. The queen in the swarm is that same queen. They were treated with oav in mid December.
    Iíll check the sticky in a week.

https://youtu.be/ecnjPc8DJPo
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: How many mites come with a swarm? Personal video

I never could find the follow up video. Do you have a link to this, part 2. I'd like to see the after 1 week results.
    Thanks Richard

The week hasn't passed yet. I just made video 1 yesterday.
    I will report.....I promise.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Ok thanks Dan
    ..lol. I didn't know that was your video. I thought that it was one you shared from someone else. I just thought I lost the second one...lol

Any of the videos I post are my personal creation.
    I'm just getting weird in my old age and feel the need to share that weirdness.

beeman
    I am wierd enough to keep watching even if I don't comment. I can barily make myself take bad pictures with a crappy cell phone and so I thank you for going to the extra effort. If I had five hands, I would take a few of frames of bees and such but I usually work by myself and am frazzled and rushed due to not knowing what I am doing and so don't want anyone to see it anyway.
    Thanks for taking the time.
    gww
    zone 5b