Practice abscond?!

Default Practice abscond?!

A followup to the practice swarm video.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    How many queen cells did you find when you opened it up?
    ZERO!

https://youtu.be/aywg1vhtnk0
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Practice abscond?!

No swarm cells. No brood whatsoever. Not a drop of capped honey.
    I fed them and gave them a frame with some brood to hold them. We shall see if that queen begins to lay.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

marked queen not laying at this point suggests failure. i'll bet you a cold one you find cells on that frame of brood next week.
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    i'll bet you a cold one you find cells on that frame of brood next week.
    That won't surprise me either. I noticed that they aren't doing any sort of pollen foraging. Nary an incoming bee with pollen. All of the neighbors it's about one out of three loaded. That suggests some sort of pheromone failure.....and consequently a queen failure.
    No bet....but I'd buy you a cold one all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    No bet....but I'd buy you a cold one all the same.
    i sincerely hope we can make that happen some day dan.
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    marked queen not laying at this point suggests failure. i'll bet you a cold one you find cells on that frame of brood next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    That won't surprise me either. I noticed that they aren't doing any sort of pollen foraging. Nary an incoming bee with pollen. All of the neighbors it's about one out of three loaded. That suggests some sort of pheromone failure.....and consequently a queen failure.
    I am pleased to report that we were both wrong. She has a couple of frames loaded with brood.

nice! glad it worked out dan.