Tool Belt

Thread: Tool Belt

Default Tool Belt

Found this tool belt that would put an end to my losing all my hive tools, but I notice the price is pretty steep. https://lacellesapiary.com/products/tool-belt-leather

Anyone found a cheaper source by chance?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Tool Belt

Big box store under $20 and the attachment "flap" has Velcro to secure it over your belt.

20170601_191655.jpg
    “The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” -George Bernard Shaw

That price is insane Rick. Go to a big box like Eikel suggests. Another alternative is to wear carpenter pants like I do. But you still have to train yourself to put the hive tool in a pocket instead of...Where did I leave that? J

Looking at the belt it would be hand made. Someone is taking the time to cut out the pouch from leather and assembling the unit. Takes time and leather is not that cheap either.

Not knocking the belt or craftsmanship involved. Rick and I apparently both think it is too much to pay for a bee tool belt when there are much cheaper alternatives. This hobby (for me) is not cheap and I can think of lots of other equipment I could use for $80. J

Fivej, I agree with you its to much money when theirs other alternatives that are cheaper. I could use that money to buy some queens this summer when doing some splits. I have lost 90% of my hives this winter, I don't have extra money for things I don't need.

I was taught “keep the hive tool in your hand”. Most of the time it works, but then there’s always those “moments” lol.
    Rod

After the first dozen hives I can have enough propolis that I have trouble turning the hive tool loose.
    “The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” -George Bernard Shaw

I just went through this a few weeks ago. I spend half my time in the bee yard looking for tools I've set down somewhere. I ended up going with something very similar to the above pic. I found it at Lowe's for $9, It has a metal clip that clips onto my belt. It has some small stiff loops around the pockets that work perfectly for a hive tool holster.
    Let's Eat Grandmaw ........... Let's Eat, Grandmaw.......Grammar Saves Lives