Deer in the beeyard - a 1 minute timelapse video

Default Deer in the beeyard - a 1 minute timelapse video

A 1 minute timelapse from the beeyard this morning. Univited guests.

https://youtu.be/Z4LlOqrYqQY
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Deer in the beeyard - a 1 minute timelapse video

That was fun. I always tell people I live a mile from a runway at Ohare. One day I came home from work and there were two deer chilling out in my backyard. I took a couple of pictures of them until they hopped my fence as easily as I would step over a crack in the sidewalk. Then I noticed they ate about 30 buds off my rose bush and every strawberry there was. I was bummed about it until the rose put out 75 flowers a week later.

I've watched a gazillion beekeeping videos on YouTube and hadn't run across yours until I looked here. You have a lot of good ones. My wife is the videographer of the family. The best part of her videos is the running narration she does. You mentioned that editing was the hard part. I agree. I did a little research and downloaded a free editing software to find out that my computer really wasn't powerful enough for the task.
    ks

Default Re: Deer in the beeyard - a 1 minute timelapse video

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_ks View Post
    I've watched a gazillion beekeeping videos on YouTube and hadn't run across yours until I looked here. You have a lot of good ones. My wife is the videographer of the family. The best part of her videos is the running narration she does. You mentioned that editing was the hard part. I agree. I did a little research and downloaded a free editing software to find out that my computer really wasn't powerful enough for the task.
    ks
    Thanks!
    I definitely spend more time editing each video than I do recording it. During some parts of the editing process the computer comes to a standstill. It’s a multicore, multi gigahertz processor with 16 gigs of ram but it still bogs down. I’ve run task manager during these episodes and sometimes find the processor running at near 100%. Other times the processor is idling along and the disk seeks are at 100%. When this happens it is time to get a cup of coffee or a beer, depending on the hour, and wait for the number crunching to be completed.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson