Stolen Hives recovered from arrested bee thief, not all boxes ID'd to owner. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Stolen Hives recovered from arrested bee thief, not all boxes ID'd to owner.

you should talk to Mr. Diaz instead of continuing to damage his reputation without knowing the "truth"

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Stolen Hives recovered from arrested bee thief, not all boxes ID'd to owner.

Mr Diaz should then come online and explain what has happen and maybe get the bee community support. if he does not he is a contributor to the negativity. or how about you alejo explain why Mr Diaz is not guilty of any wrong doing.

I would love to know the truth. Lay out your facts. Document your claims.

Does anyone else find it interesting that alejo is defending Mr. Diaz and sugesting that those who question his innocence in this matter are being "unethical", yet he offers no explanation as to how Mr. Diaz came to be in possession of all those hives belonging to others? There certainly has been something unethical going on, but it is not on the part of those of us who are drawing logical conclusions from the facts at hand. Tell us the "real story" or accept the fact that your friend has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.up
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Does anyone else find it interesting that alejo is defending Mr. Diaz and sugesting that those who who question his innocence in this matter are being "unethical", yet he offers no explanation as to how Mr. Diaz came to be in possession of all those hives belonging to others? There certainly has been something unethical going on, but it is not on the part of those of us who are drawing logical conclusions from the facts at hand. Tell us the "real story" or accept the fact that your friend has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
    I'm just happy he is containing himself to just this thread!
    -- Joe
    "Make your own decision and embrace the consequences." -- jwcarlson

All Mr. Chesnut is done is update everyone on the legal progression of the case against Mr. Diaz. Frankly, though, its kind of difficult to look at the facts as presented and see Mr. Diaz as an innocent victim. Possesing stolen property from multiple sources and offering them for well below market value? How does that happen legitimately?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by JWChesnut View Post
    Antonio Diaz failed to appear at his pre-trial and bail review
    Oh he didn't show up to see the judge? Maybe these guys come to get him

(to skip the boring bit fast forward to 5.10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE7cxGjcBfI
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

The Pre-Trial Conference for the felony charges against Antonio Diaz (Catarino), scheduled for April 4th, was delayed "at request of Party" to May 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by JWChesnut View Post
    The Pre-Trial Conference for the felony charges against Antonio Diaz (Catarino), scheduled for April 4th, was delayed "at request of Party" to May 18th.
    The pre-trial conference has been delayed a second time until June 27th at the request of the party.
    Last edited by JWChesnut; 05-22-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Does anyone else find it interesting that alejo is defending Mr. Diaz and sugesting that those who question his innocence in this matter are being "unethical", yet he offers no explanation as to how Mr. Diaz came to be in possession of all those hives belonging to others? There certainly has been something unethical going on, but it is not on the part of those of us who are drawing logical conclusions from the facts at hand. Tell us the "real story" or accept the fact that your friend has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.up
    Still have not heard/read anything from alejo since March. Any other updates?

Antonio Diaz had a pre-trial conference scheduled for 12/12/18. This was continued, yet again, for the umpteenth time "at the request of the party". The new date is 1/17/19. On the docket, a jury trial is scheduled to begin 3/6/19 -- indicating the court may be becoming irritated with the frequent delays "at the request of the party".

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyaz1 View Post
    As a beekeeper and knowing Antonio I can say this post is crap not all details can be said until the legal process is done. But mr diaz will be vindicated once all this is done .many people are at fault it's a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is a reason why all the details don't add up. And the reason I am on this forum is to shed light on a case of a fellow beekeeper that is being stomped on like a bug by others who do not have any ethical standards.
    As I write the post at 2:09 PM Pacific Standard Time on 15th December, 2018, Honeyaz1 has 2 posts listed and join date was March 2018. Somebody with a very low number of posts defending "somebody they know" on the forum is usually held very low in confidence and is highly suspicious. It happens often here on beesource, we've seen that before.

Quote Originally Posted by alejo View Post
    you should talk to Mr. Diaz instead of continuing to damage his reputation without knowing the "truth"
    alejo has a total of 5 posts as of this writing, join date is March 2018.

I can tell you personally about JWChesnut's reputation - he's a fantastic beekeeper who routinely helps members of the Central Coast Beekeepers' Alliance based around San Luis Obispo County. He keeps somewhere between sideline and commercial beekeeping numbers of colonies of honeybees, and is a valued resource to the club and here on beesource. Just read some of his old posts - he'll sometimes cite research that many of us have not yet heard.

It is not that he's trying to damage Antonio Diaz's reputation - he's just reporting facts that the US Federal Courts have posted publicly, and what the news agencies say about his brother's truck crash - oh, he would not talk to reporters about that...

We all will be tuned in to the trial when it actually DOES occur. Reputations can be decided then. I just may go over to Arizona to see the trial myself.

Antonio Diaz Catarino was acquitted on all charges in a jury trial held at Kings County Superior Court (Hanford, Ca), August 19-21, 2019. I have no detail on the defenses presented to the jury that resulted in his acquittal.

So, um, he is free to go and do it again? Is CA still a part of the United States? I feel for the beekeepers, whose stolen property he was in possession of, who will not see justice. I guess that since he has been aquitted, I can't say that.

This must be one of those situations where "truth" is more important than "facts".
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Thank you for posting JWC. I'll try to get the court transcripts on Monday.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123