Stolen Hives recovered from arrested bee thief, not all boxes ID'd to owner. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Stolen Hives recovered from arrested bee thief, not all boxes ID'd to owner.

Ron you made all your suspicions known in your post and things like that influence others.Let the real detectives do their work and then we can find out what has really happened as of the case in Sioux City.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Stolen Hives recovered from arrested bee thief, not all boxes ID'd to owner.

If he's a broker I can understand that, but broker's don't rent out hives for $40 a pop in a market hitting $200+

Quote Originally Posted by JRG13 View Post
    If he's a broker I can understand that, but broker's don't rent out hives for $40 a pop in a market hitting $200+
    x10
    500-1000 hives mostly honey

Please note that Pavel Tveretinov and Vitaliy Yeroshenko (of last year's Fresno bust) were charged with 10 felony counts of "Receiving Stolen Property". The excuse proffered here, "didn't know, just a broker dealing in anonymous cash", doesn't pertain. Antonio Diaz Catarino is hot water, and deservedly so.
    Last edited by JWChesnut; 03-12-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyaz1 View Post
    Antonio is being viewed as a beekeeper, yet not taking into account that he could actually be a broker and the supposed stolen bees could have been brought through a contract, and the beekeeper that agreed to send his hives with Antonio could have stolen them from the Texas beekeeper. Leaving the blame to Antonio, and with all eyes on him, the actual thieves are not facing justice. In this country it's innocent until proven guilty yet Antonio is being judged before an actual judgement.
    Interesting to note your join date is March of 2018 and you only have 2 posts...seems fishy, and lacks credibility. We've seen this before here on Beesource with another thief / swindler.

Honest to God officer, I thought I was getting a bunch of hives nobody wanted. They looked abandonded sitting there in that grove of fruit trees, vegetable field, whatever. I have no idea what all those cryptic marks are on the front...decorations perhaps. Oh, and I just happened to be driving a flatbed tuck with a forklift or crane on it. Yeah, right.
    In the Sioux City case, I felt the beekeeper was overstating his losses but that his plight was real. In this case, we'll let a judge decide. But I bet Mr. Diaz's explanation would be a good bit for Comedy Central.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Yes, Senor, we are the Bee Federales. Geev us your guns an' all your beehives, an' we'll geev you dees genuine Bullova watch, made in your country.
    Badges? We don't got no badges. WE DON'T GOT TO SHOW YOU NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Quote Originally Posted by kilocharlie View Post
    Interesting to note your join date is March of 2018 and you only have 2 posts...seems fishy, and lacks credibility. We've seen this before here on Beesource with another thief / swindler.
    I think he explained that.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyaz1 View Post
    And the reason I am on this forum is to shed light on a case of a fellow beekeeper that is being stomped on like a bug by others who do not have any ethical standards.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Hi Roberta, i have question, you sure Antonio Diaz stolen you hives? you have proof that he was the one who stole them? you take pictures the other boxes, do you have proof that these boxes are also stolen?
    I Know Antonio Diaz for 7 years and i know of person he is, hopefully everything is clarified because for now he is only accused of theft and i hope you have the courage to say sorry for apologize if it is proven that he is innocent.

Well if apologies are being demanded in advance, before the event, I guess that better apply both ways depending on the outcome.

But if my hives got stolen and I find somebody with them, I'm gonna think it might be him, yeah. He'd have to prove otherwise.
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Just for clarification Antonio Diaz Catarino is charged with felony "Receiving stolen property" under California penal code PC496 (a). He is also charged with felony "Grand Larceny of animals" under PC 487 (g). The offense date is cited as 12/19/17, the offense is well before the theft was initially reported online, and may indicate some prior dispute. He is also charged under PC 12022.6 which is "Enhancement" when the value of the misappropriation exceeds certain benchmarks (starting at $65,000, and climbing).
    Last edited by JWChesnut; 03-12-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    But if my hives got stolen and I find somebody with them, I'm gonna think it might be him, yeah. He'd have to prove otherwise.
    Especially if they are clearly marked as belonging to you.....and you didn't give, sell or loan them to him.

I might add that although there are people who’re ‘testifying’ to his good character…..I’ve known people who I was confident were honest and upright….and been sorely mistaken.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

2- Is false. When did not appear in court? because I was there 3/6/2018

I see Antonio Diaz in court 3/6/2018

Antonio Diaz failed to appear at his pre-trial and bail review on 2/15/18 -- a warrant was issued, but held.

The hearing scheduled for 3/6/2018 was continued until April 4th at the request of "party". I have no information if the lawyer hired by Diaz successfully encouraged him to make an appearance on March 6th for that then-suspended hearing.
    Details.jpg
    Last edited by JWChesnut; 03-13-2018 at 06:27 AM.

Antonio Diaz appears on California Almond websites as a supplier of hives operating out a home in Phoenix. The home has recently been listed as sold in November 2017. Antonio Diaz used the name "Barka Group, LLC" for this Almond pollination listing. Barka Group, LLC was the defendant in a case brought by Tropical Bees, LLC in Florida. The case went to default judgement against Barka (Tropical was awarded damages and fees) in April 2017. Cite: UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT MIDDLE DISTRICT OF FLORIDA FORT MYERS DIVISION. Case No: 2:16-cv-672-FtM-99MRM. 11-08-2016. TROPICAL BEES, LLC, Plaintiff, v. THE BARKA GROUP, LLC, Defendant. Prior history is a guide.
    Last edited by JWChesnut; 03-12-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Barka Group, LLC consists of two people: Antonio Diaz and Roberto Diaz. Roberto Diaz was a truck driver involved in a bee truck crash in 2015 in Indio, Ca. This crash may be the source of the Tropical Bee vs Barka Group lawsuit that filed the following year. There is a very colorful account of the Indio truck crash on the web at: https://www.cbs19.tv/amp/article?sec...=501-263704844

Tropical Bees is a LLC that is made up of Torralvo Honey (Neslan Torralvo) who names appear on boxes, and Herberto Boullosa.

Barka Group was suspended in the Arizona LLC registry (because mail was returned as undeliverable). However in November 2017 it was reinstated with Antonio Diaz signing the paperwork.

So, if you are a seller of beehives, offer the buyer your Id. and a bill of sale. If you are the buyer, demand same.

And as always, if the deal is too good to be true, it probably is.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by alejo View Post
    Hi Roberta, i have question, you sure Antonio Diaz stolen you hives? you have proof that he was the one who stole them? you take pictures the other boxes, do you have proof that these boxes are also stolen?
    I Know Antonio Diaz for 7 years and i know of person he is, hopefully everything is clarified because for now he is only accused of theft and i hope you have the courage to say sorry for apologize if it is proven that he is innocent.
    He (Daiz) has not been charged with stealing hives, he has been charged with receiving stolen hives. He was found with the hives, how does he account with having them? Someone just left them on his land?

Mr. jwchesnut does not know who you are and I'm not really interested, so if I realized that you do not want to know the truth of this, the only thing you want is to tarnish and destroy the reputation of Mr. Diaz, with case like the one in Florida that still has no end, or the house of Mr. Diaz is not for sale, or even many people who owe Mr. Diaz.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast