How I spent my winter. A short video

Default How I spent my winter. A short video

I bought a Gopro camera a few years ago. I was very disappointed. The first one they sent would lock up after a few minutes. I exchanged it for another. The second one overheats after ten or so minutes of recording in the Georgia summer heat. I put it aside and havenít touched it in a long time.
    Finally I realized that it might work better in the cool of winter, so I dusted it off and have played a bit.
    This is a short video where Iím talking about my winterís activities.
    I am working on a wax foundation frame assembly videoÖ.not that anyone other than me is crazy enough to build those anymore.

https://youtu.be/p3mTxgryV50
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: How I spent my winter. A short video

I owned a restaraunt for a couple of years and I always thought if people really knew what went on in the off hours they would think a guy was crazy for doing it.
    You make me glad I am foundationless but I am also sure your work gets you good production compared to me. I am starved for drawn comb also.
    Cheers
    gww
    zone 5b

Quote Originally Posted by gww View Post
    I am starved for drawn comb also.
    A common beekeepers' lament.
    I tried foundationless. I would never survive all of the drone comb they want to make.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

it's really nice to put an face and voice with the man, thanks dan!

i couldn't help but notice the lack of a georgia accent however, sounds more like ohio/pennsylvania. am i close?
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    i couldn't help but notice the lack of a georgia accent however, sounds more like ohio/pennsylvania. am i close?
    Iím kind of a mixed bag squarepeg. I was born in Buffalo, NY. My mother was from there. My dad was from Green Cove Springs, FL. I grew up mostly in FL and GA. We moved to GA in 1960. I was in the third grade and had a fight every day after school for a few weeks because I was a Yankee. I survived because I was big and could fight. In GA folks said I had a northern accent. We moved to Massachusetts for a year when I was in the 7th gradeÖ.and everyone there said I talked like a southerner. As I saidÖ..a mixed bag.

i can relate to that dan. born in nevada, early years in wisconsin, finished high school in alabama and been here ever since. really enjoyed your videos.
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives