Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

OA dosage

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  snl 
#1 ·
This May, I'll be picking up some nucs which I'll place in 1 deep supers to allow them to build up before placing the second deep on. With that said, I understand it is good to apply the OA to a new started hive right away before a lot of sealed brood becomes present.

Question: How much OA would you apply to a one deep hive? 1/2 gram?

Question: Assuming that everything went well throughout the summer with a good build-up, and the hive is going into the fall as a two deep hive, when applying fall treatment, is treatment always made from the top super? This would be using the Provap 110.

#2 · (Edited)
This May, I'll be picking up some nucs which I'll place in 1 deep supers to allow them to build up before placing the second deep on. With that said, I understand it is good to apply the OA to a new started hive right away before a lot of sealed brood becomes present.

Question: How much OA would you apply to a one deep hive? 1 gram One gram per brood chamber

Question: Assuming that everything went well throughout the summer with a good build-up, and the hive is going into the fall as a two deep hive, when applying fall treatment, is treatment always made from the top super? This would be using the Provap 110.
You can do it from the top or bottom of a brood box, not the super. See video on OxaVap.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.