OA dosage

Thread: OA dosage

Default OA dosage

This May, I'll be picking up some nucs which I'll place in 1 deep supers to allow them to build up before placing the second deep on. With that said, I understand it is good to apply the OA to a new started hive right away before a lot of sealed brood becomes present.

Question: How much OA would you apply to a one deep hive? 1/2 gram?

Question: Assuming that everything went well throughout the summer with a good build-up, and the hive is going into the fall as a two deep hive, when applying fall treatment, is treatment always made from the top super? This would be using the Provap 110.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: OA dosage

Quote Originally Posted by rick54 View Post
    This May, I'll be picking up some nucs which I'll place in 1 deep supers to allow them to build up before placing the second deep on. With that said, I understand it is good to apply the OA to a new started hive right away before a lot of sealed brood becomes present.

Question: How much OA would you apply to a one deep hive? 1 gram One gram per brood chamber

Question: Assuming that everything went well throughout the summer with a good build-up, and the hive is going into the fall as a two deep hive, when applying fall treatment, is treatment always made from the top super? This would be using the Provap 110.
    You can do it from the top or bottom of a brood box, not the super. See video on OxaVap.com
    Last edited by snl; 03-05-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!