We need a "THANK" or "LIKE" feature on BeeSource! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: We need a "THANK" or "LIKE" feature on BeeSource!

Quote Originally Posted by rwurster View Post
    Crikey, they must be complete animals

Those old grand nationals were the only sexy muscle cars in the late 80s
    Liked.
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    I am not a fan of the like/dislike option. Seems very Facebookish to me and more of a popularity contest than a peer rating system. Perchance a grading system where only a few select individuals, i. e., master beekeepers, could vote or acknowlege a post as being accurate beekeeping advice? When a person gets enough votes, they get a subtitle under their name like "mentor". This would let new beekeepers know they are probably getting the right advice for their situation. Discussions would continue as usual.
    So you don't like the like/dislike because its a popularity contest type of deal but you want to go to a grading system that's some other type of popularity contest for "master beekeepers" to give a subtitle... Makes sense

And who would these master beekeepers be? Do we vote on them? (popularity contest)

You know what, just implement it. A few things to address though, if there's a like, there needs to be a dislike, and when you hover over the like/dislike does it show who liked or disliked the comment.

I remember when Barry implemented it for a brief time because Ace was complaining about his post count showing, Ace went red lol then he got bailed out and went red again lol and rightfully so. I think he was the only one to go red too lol funny stuff.
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

Hey, I am one who was sorry to see Ace leave. If someone troubles you to the point it affects you why not just use the ignor feature. This is a beekeeping forum and there are many ways to keep bees. I am not interested in what you like or don’t like only in information that informs on beekeeping.

Actually to me it does make sense. Master beekeeper is, to the best of my knowlege, a title that is given by an organization, such as the Eastern Apicurial Society, to a beekeeper who has completed a certain level of education, testing, and experience. Not at all a popularity contest. Maybe do both, a like/dislike may indicate that other beekeepers think the comment was appropriate or not, but it tends to be a blind leading the blind path to popular ideas and not necessarily good beekeeping. A mentor tag would indicate that a person consistently tends to give the right advice, an objective assement by several people with the knowlege, skills, and experience to make that determination. Maybe I'm overthinking this, just use the thumbs up if you like a post and call someone out if you don't. Wait, we do that already.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    ... A mentor tag would indicate that a person consistently tends to give the right advice, an objective assessment by several people with the knowledge, skills, and experience to make that determination...
    Liked
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12