ProVap 110

Thread: ProVap 110

Default ProVap 110

Received my ProVAp 110 yesterday (2/21/18) and treated hives this morning. Quick, easy to use, and no problems at all. Elected to drill hole in back of the bottom hive body, treated each hive in less than a minute before moving to the next hive. Fact is it works almost to fast  by the time I load another cup and place on the next hive I do not have time to get back to the one I just finished to put golf tee in the hole. Was easier to just complete all my hives and then go back and plug the drilled holes.

Longest time was waiting the 10 minutes before opening the hives that had been treated. Very pleased with the operation of the ProVap and almost look forward to treating rather than dreading the long, hot, rather slow process of using my wands. Only other drawback is will I be able to sell my wands.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: ProVap 110

Thanks for the comments. Good to read reports from users.
    "Sometimes the best action, with bees, is no action at all."

did you drill the holes in the hives with the bees in there? or are these hive bodies you drilled then added ?
    I got one of these provap 110 gadgerizers from my wife for a gift but have yet to use it. Hoping to get out there in the next couple weeks and give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by aran View Post
    did you drill the holes in the hives with the bees in there? or are these hive bodies you drilled then added ?
    I got one of these provap 110 gadgerizers from my wife for a gift but have yet to use it. Hoping to get out there in the next couple weeks and give it a shot.
    Yes, Sir. Was no problem at all and did not disturb the bees at all. Almost every time I work around my bees I wear a veil so I just put that on and drill the hole about 3 inches below the hand hole. After treating the hives I placed a golf tee in the holes so next time I could just remove it and treat the hives Larry shared with me that it is better to drill the hole in the bottom board. I plan to do my second treatment tomorrow and will drill the holes in the bottom board.

When treating the hives from the rear I had no problems from the bees. Again I wore my veil, over my respirator, and heavy heat resistance gloves. Covered the entrance with an old tee-shirt, treatment was complete on each hive in less than 30 seconds. Waited about ten minutes, removed the tee-shirts and was done. An hour and half job with my OAV wand on my 7 hives was completed in less than 20 minutes.

These success stories are similar to mine, and the treatment doesn't seem to bother the bees at all. I plan to treat just before supers go on and then again as soon as they come off. I've declared war on mite and this tool makes it easy.

this is awesome news...ill get right on it next week!

I have been eyeing this tool also and think it would be a good addition to my toys. Does this unit operate off a 12V battery, or will I have to take along my Honda 2000 generator and a extension cord?

Generator and cord

The ProVap 110 can be run off a 12 V battery with the addition of an inverter. (Harbor Frieght ~$40) Of course, if you 110 V near your hives you can just plug it in. No need to buy or haul around a generator when you can just hook up an inverter to your truck and plug in the ProVap.