Editing a forsale post

Default Editing a forsale post

I'm trying to edit, or delete a for sale post, but the edit button has now disappeared.

Is there anyway to edit it?
    Instrumental Insemination & Northern VSH Queens

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Editing a forsale post

Maybe a silly question, but are you sure that you're logged into your account? I just want to make sure that you didn't get logged out or anything and maybe didn't notice.

The edit button is still showing up on my end. Can you please confirm what browser/device you're using, Thanks!

Erik

erik, i was able to delete the thread for jcase this morning. you can probably still see it as deleted, it's an old thread in the 'for sale' forum.
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Chrome Version 64

Edit post button was not visible, like it is for this post. It was when I initially posted the ad, but not when I went to remove it.

it sounds like the edit function timed out for jcase like it would have for most posts, but seems like those paying for threads in the 'for sale' forum have been getting and maintaining moderator-like privileges for the threads they have there.
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    it sounds like the edit function timed out for jcase like it would have for most posts, but seems like those paying for threads in the 'for sale' forum have been getting and maintaining moderator-like privileges for the threads they have there.
    Makes sense for most posts, but those posts are ads. Addresses, URLs, phone numbers change etc. I needed to change mine because I got a message sent to my phone (pretty sure off facebook not BS) about how ii was raping bees. That was my reason behind removing it.

I will add it back once I have time to setup a "throw away" number, or google voice.

yes, it makes sense that if you are paying to list in the 'for sale' section that you maintain control over the posts.

Sold Out Re: Editing a for sale post

AFAIK the For Sale forum behaves like the other forums in the sense that the "Edit" function is only available for 24 hours from the initial timestamp of the post. After that the post cannot be editied except by a moderator.

What I have seen other vendors with For Sale listings do is to post a reply to their own thread, indicating the offer is no longer available / sold out / etc. And in addition, the post can be flagged with a "Sold Out" icon in the Message Subject, which you can see I did for this post as an example.

Note that "post" icons are different than the regular smileys used within the message. To access the "Sold Out" icon one needs to use the "Go Advanced" button when editing or composing a message and then look at the area below the message window.

When I come across a For Sale thread / post with a "Sold Out" icon, I close the thread, but it isn't automatic, so some might get missed.

As a side issue, the "Go Advanced" window also allows editing of the message "Subject" AKA Title. For example, in this reply I changed the "forsale" in the message Subject into two words.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Default Re: Editing a for sale post

i thought i remembered seeing the vendors editing posts made by other members in those threads, but i may be mistaken.

There are vendor forums (Oxavap, Country Rubes, Lappes etc), and in those forums the vendor (forum owner, more or less) has the ability to edit and/or delete all posts. I'm not aware that a similar process exists in the For Sale forum.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

that's it rader, my mistake.