Lost 4/5 hive in Jan of 2017. In the spring I bought four queens and did a split (too much splitting I'm sure) and the next week it got real cold and they all died. I didn't do anything more and lost the last hive. Over the summer they all got infested with wax moths. When I found out, it was a major mess so I just closed it all up and didn't let them escape. I'm cleaning them up today and what a mess! Most of the wax is all gone. I'm taking a cement trowel to the frames and scraping most of the mess out. I think I've made every mistake a bee keeper can make. I'm ordering two packages this spring and will start over. My wife is getting tired of me spending money on bees! Me too. I think varroa got them last winter even though I treated with oxylic acid. In Northern Utah.