Most popular taper candle size and style?

Default Most popular taper candle size and style?

What is the most popular size and style taper candle that you sell? Was thinking about going with the 10" regular.

Also are the multi metal molds any good? Seems nice to pour a bunch at once if they work.

Thanks!
    Ask two beekeepers, get three answers

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Most popular taper candle size and style?

Anyone?
    Ask two beekeepers, get three answers

The 10” ones look elegant on the table and sell better than lesser ones. What disappoints me, is that the general public does not appreciate beeswax candles and expect them to cost the same as Walmart candles.
    The hex ones sell best (for me.)
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

we do the 10 inch colonial tapers. Silicone molds from mann lake. I spent the money and bought six molds and built a rack to set them in with wicks on spools, feeding through the bottom. Pour six candles at once. When you pull them out, the wick pulls through automatically.

I was given some metal molds a while back. They work ok, and the startup cost is substantially less than silicone molds. but... The molds have a seam, which shows in the end product, which I did not like. Also, you need some kind of a wick stop to hold the wick tension and to stop up the bottom so the wax doesn't pour out. This means a bunch more setup time per batch.

I intend on starting six inch tapers this next fall.

We have been pouring about 150lbs of wax into candles for the last several years. Overall, sales are slow market to market, but we sell out every year. We do really well at holiday bazaars. I would say we sell about equal numbers of tapers, pillars, and votives. But the silly little bear climbing on a skep is probably our top seller.

Delete
    Last edited by ApricotApiaries; 02-23-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Duplicate post