Time to call out the anti-GMO conspiracy theory - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Time to call out the anti-GMO conspiracy theory

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    I remember pointing that out to someone once and the response I got was "ya, well I'm just against all that stuff".
    Andy Rooney had it figured out a long time ago.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Thank goodness those nasty neonics will soon be gone and we can go back to spraying good ole sevin again. I am sure our bees are going to appreciate that. We must remember that science is not important it is the consensus of radicals that counts.
    Johno

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Thank goodness those nasty neonics will soon be gone and we can go back to spraying good ole sevin again. I am sure our bees are going to appreciate that. We must remember that science is not important it is the consensus of radicals that counts.
    Johno
    And DDT, that was extremely effective also

The consensus of radicals - Front row seat in this thread
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

Personally, my favorite oldie is parathion. Did a really good job on most every insect or animal it came in contact with including birds, and many 4 and even 2 legged animals.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/180228 GMO's exist primarily so that Neonicotinoids can be used. Hopefully the lights come on for all the science-deniers/'independent researchers' out there before all bee populations are destroyed worldwide. 32% population decline: https://beeinformed.org/2017/05/25/2...-participants/
    Neonics activate acetylcholine receptors in the insect nervous system, leading to paralysis. Lacking a central nervous system...or any nervous system for that matter...or the ability to move to any significant extent...plants don't need to be GMOd to be resistant to neonics.

Maybe you should stop reading conspiracy sites and actually look up the science...you'll look less foolish that way.

Boy, am I sure glad I didn't notice this thread until today!

Lets bring back the furadan!

Tom

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234