Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Kelley Beekeeping Honey Comb Kit #22

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Michael Bush 
#1 ·
I purchased one of these for my wife for Christmas. Figured I’d probably try to put it together for her. Problem is the instructions are absolutely terrible.

I work better by visualization. Any one know of a YouTube video on how to put one of these things together?

I looked at Kelley’s website but nothing there.

Thanks in advance

#7 ·
Those are the instructions that come with it. They really aren’t helpful. #3 states to ‘nail one block at each end’. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t know what that means. There are several different ways a block could be nailed to the end. Without seeing a final picture, I’m not sure exactly what they are asking for.

#8 ·
Aroc. I feel your pain. There is a picture on the instructions, but I am sure it is hard to see. Try viewing with the link provided by Rader and increase size on your monitor . If using chrome, press and hold "Ctrl" and then hit + to keep increasing size. To me, it looks like the "blocks" are nailed to the outside of the "scallops".

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
4 boxes in eaceI don't have a pic handy but its pretty simple, the end bars and bottom piece are designed to cradle and support 4 boxes at a time with no gaps.

4 boxes in each and then slip in foundation, then that "assembly" sits in the shallow super with a thin metal strip nailed across the end

devider in and repeat 5 times?? and then spring spacers to tighten it all up.... I can send pics next week when I get home.

Charles

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.