what is killer bee honey like compared to store bought honey?

Default what is killer bee honey like compared to store bought honey?

I know the Killer bees are beyond dangerous to keep as they earned their name, but is their honey which requires you to risk your life is it worth the danger to obtain?

and what is the quality of flavor between Wild Killer bee honey and Killer bees that are kept?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: what is killer bee honey like compared to store bought honey?

What are killer bees? Media hype, nothing more. Bees with Africanized ancestry make honey just like bees with out. No difference. Please stop the fear mongering.
    South Texas Apiaries, LLC
    www.Facebook.com/SouthTexasApiaries

lmao, thanks for the morning funny op, wadf

Started April Fools Day 2017

"Killer bees" are Apis mellifera same and the honey tastes like honey from Apis mellifera. Meaning there is no difference based on their genetics.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Just read this blog.
    http://musingsonbeekeeping.blogspot....blog-page.html

The guy is beekeeping the "killer bees" as we speak.
    All is well.
    Honey tastes the same.
    In fact, the real Russian bees (those black AMMs, not the multi-race mongrels from Russian Far East) can be just as mean as the so called "killer bees" - exact same honey and largely depends on the local floral sources.
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

Quote Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
    What are killer bees? Media hype, nothing more. Bees with Africanized ancestry make honey just like bees with out. No difference. Please stop the fear mongering.
    Is this true? All this time I thought killer bees don't make honey as regular bees??? But they say killer bees attack you when you approach them. I have watched lots of documentary shows where someone got killed because of killer bees.

Quote Originally Posted by heybe View Post
    Is this true? All this time I thought killer bees don't make honey as regular bees??? But they say killer bees attack you when you approach them. I have watched lots of documentary shows where someone got killed because of killer bees.
    "Killer Bees" are media hype. Africanized bees are honey bees, they make honey like other honey bees, sometimes they make a lot, most times they do not. Are they more defensive than some European honey bees? yes they are. But, they are just that, defensive. Like all honey bees, they only sting to defend their home. Have people and animals been killed by them? sure, but only because they disturbed the colony. I have picked up dead dogs and removed bees from homes where the owner was killed, every time, the person or animal was at fault. Not once was the attack unprovoked.

Please stop the fear mongering by referring to them as "killer bees".
    South Texas Apiaries, LLC
    www.Facebook.com/SouthTexasApiaries

Quote Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
    "Killer Bees" are media hype. Africanized bees are honey bees, they make honey like other honey bees, sometimes they make a lot, most times they do not. Are they more defensive than some European honey bees? yes they are. But, they are just that, defensive. Like all honey bees, they only sting to defend their home. Have people and animals been killed by them? sure, but only because they disturbed the colony. I have picked up dead dogs and removed bees from homes where the owner was killed, every time, the person or animal was at fault. Not once was the attack unprovoked.

Please stop the fear mongering by referring to them as "killer bees".
    Sure. Like me sitting on my roof with an M-60 and picking off cars passing by on the road and claiming it was 'defensive' because they were 'disturbing' me.
    If you want to be successful, study successful people and do what they do.
    Zone 4a/b