beeing - free beekeeping software - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: beeing - free beekeeping software

Quote Originally Posted by lobottomee View Post
    I tried to look at the blog and found some words in English and others in Greek. Perhaps I made a mistake, but it would be nice to be able to select one language or the other.

Thank you
    For time being, blog contains article only in greek.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Tried to check it out but would not accept my registration
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Tried to check it out but would not accept my registration
    I cannot see your attempts. Be sure that you put the same password in both fields (password/ confirm password)
    Please send me an email to [email protected] to check your issue.

thkafadris sent you a PM

Awesome!! Very easy to use.

I am going to update beeing next week to support US metric (Farenheit, mph and pounds).

Thanks all!

Hi all,
    I want to inform you that I updated my web app to support Ferenheit and mph as measurement units. Also I added to registration page the option to declare your country. You can do it also from profile page for already registered users.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by thkafadaris View Post
    Hi all,
    I want to inform you that I updated my web app to support Ferenheit and mph as measurement units. Also I added to registration page the option to declare your country. You can do it also from profile page for already registered users.
    Thank you very much!
    Awesome Thanks!!

Hi all,
    I want to inform you that I updated the web app with nuc creation feature. When you create a new nuc, you can keep a note and check the critical dates in calendar.
    Thank you very much!

I think you have a great start on a really good application.

I do have a couple of issues/questions with the site.

A couple of your reports on the English version still have Greek header titles.

Do you intend to create printable reports?

Do you have plans to have a report that will list the Apiary/hive/all inspections (with details) or a range of inspections for that hive?

Hi!
    Thank you for your support!
    1)I found only "Recent Reports" with greek titles. Can you send me the other one?
    2)Yes, I think, it is not so difficult to provide printable reports. I can add it in the next update.
    3)You need a report that contains foreach apiary all the hive inspections in full detail. I am thinking that for them that will have many hives it will not be so easy to browse to a such big report. If you want, we can discuss it.

Thanks once more,
    Theodoros

Hi all,
    Please try my free web app for managing apiaries and let me know for new improvements.

BR,
    Theodoros

Inspiring from my passion for beekeeping, I created a free online beekeeping data record software www.beeing.gr that helps beekeeper to increase their productivity and production!
    Since beeing is an app for beekeepers, I continuously talk to other experienced beekeepers in order to improve the app every day.
    Feel free to share this post!

BR,
    Theodoros

Not keeping bees just yet. Will be starting in the spring but I hope this helps out. Thanks for putting thought into this.

I love that you made this software free! It's very helpful. I am also thinking of a website idea. I plan to create a website using the hPage website builder (https://www.hpage.com) but not a software per se but a bee blog that will help people understand the importance of bees in society as well as put up informational articles for bee keepers. It's just an idea for now but I hope to enact it by next year.!

Hi all,
    Please try my free web app for managing apiaries and let me know for new improvements.

BR,
    Theodoros

Some of these suggestions are for the data collected and others are process related, ie. how a user will be stepping through the pages in the field.

Hive page
    o Origin options should allow including the nuc name
    o Status: “Strong”, “Weak”, “Died” and “Queenless” could be included
    o Beehive Accessories need user filled “Other” option
    o Beehive Type: Here you need “Langstroth”, “Warre”, “TopBar”, etc. Add another category – Size. This would be the number of frames. Some people are experimenting and have multiple types and sizes.
    o Add Frame Material, Foundation material
    o Supers: Need a size and number i.e. 1 medium, 2 shallow.
    o Provide a button to “Add an inspection” to this page and populate it with the current hive values
    o Allow a photo to be attached.
    o Add a DUPLICATE button for multiple hives, which would add a sequence number to the name but all other data items will be replicated.

Inspection page
    o Status: edits here should programmatically update the Hive summary page. All data elements displayed should be initialized with the values from the last inspection of this hive.
    o Details: add “eggs”, “young larve”, queen cells (type: swarm, supersedure)
    o Stocks: add "uncapped honey", "capped honey"
    o Put “Open Brood Frames” and “Closed Brood Frames” on the same line; check programmatically that they add up to the total current value for the hive.
    o Supers: split into “Full”, “Empty”, “Number Added”
    o Disease -> Disease/Pest
    o At the bottom of the page, add buttons to Add Feeding, New Task and Add Inspection.
    o Instead of Add Multiple Inspections, use a NEXT Inspection button. You will also need to add a capability for the user to order/re-order the sequence of his hives for each apiary. That probably belongs on the Apiary page.

Feeding page
    o Food: need user filled “Other” option
    o Measurement Unit : need “Pints”, Quarts”, “Gallons”, "Other". You might have a settings page to put some of these global attributes.
    o Need a Next button that goes to an Inspection of the next hive

New Task page
    o I assume this populates the dashboard calendar. I suggest adding the capability to enter repeating tasks.
    o Add a “Completed” checkbox.
    o Add a “Done but Continuing” checkbox, with a follow-on date, so this task is automatically added to the calendar but check that this is not a repeating task.

Nucleus Colonies
    o This seems like it ought to be a tab next to Add Hive on the Hive page
    o Add Purpose of Nuc – swarm capture, mating, sale, queen/brood propagation, etc
    o Some of the attributes of the Add Hive page see appropriate here.
    o Add Status – active, transferred, requeened, etc.
    o Add a DUPLICATE button

Harvest page
    o add wax as a product
    o some beeks may want to use volume as a measurement unit on the Harvest page. Here you could add a volume vs weight converter.
    o Add Number of Frames for honey under the measurement unit line
    o Add a NEXT button for multiple harvests

Report page
    o Most of these reports seem to be simple summations of inputs. Many could be put into a single report to give a summary picture of the business.
    o A “Pick your own fields” summary report would be useful.
    o The true value of an online app over a paper log is the availability of analysis. For example, comparing the honey production of different apiaries or of all 2 year old queen hives. Or comparing the wax production of different types of foundation over the course of several years. Or comparing the honey production of hives with different pest control systems.
    o I like to see reports that display progressions over time.
    o I also like to be able to see relationships between 2, 3 and 4 attributes.
    o I’m not sure what backend data base you are using. If you have MS Access you can use Crystal reports or just dump the data in column row format and save it to a .xlsx so the user can suck it into Excel.
    o If the data is stored by the user it will satisfy many privacy and ownership issues. Your server would then just provide a front end. This would allow your app to be open source and promote further development and wider use. You will probably have to use a XML format to allow user data structure edits.

A good way to get user feedback would be to include an “Other” option in as many fields as possible. This could be a generic subroutine that both updates the database with a new data item and sends you a message on what the user added. You then would have better insight of what people needed. (If you used an XML format, you would also get this information.)

Beefood type: add Candy board, add sugar
    Beefood amount: Need a lot more options for the number.....I put 13 lbs on my colonies at a time in a candy board. The max allowed on your form is 5.

Add multiple hives: seems to be a glitch.....you can name the hives only by numbers here....but upon saving...they did not save...when you use the add single hive option, you are able to "name hive" with numbers or letters.
    Queen by age should be by emergence date if known or approximate...then you don't need to adjust (years).....
    Help is here to never misplace that hive tool again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvwlSiOzgOU

Please update the unit of measurement for temperature and wind speed clicking on this!

This message keeps showing on dashboard even after changing temp/speed and clicking the X to delete it...the next time I go back to dashboard, it's back.
    Help is here to never misplace that hive tool again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvwlSiOzgOU

i attempted to register several times but all fields reset after hitting the register button. Not sure what I may be doing wrong. Nothing coming into my email inbox from beeing either. Advise?
    Vic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast