Forget expensive 'raw' honey ... New craze ... Expensive "raw" water ...

Default Forget expensive 'raw' honey ... New craze ... Expensive "raw" water ...

The prices for 'boutique' honey both fascinate and horrify beekeepers - probably depending on if you are a beekeeper selling or just watching someone else sell at inflated prices.

Whatever side of that transaction you may fall on, here's one all beekeepers can all laugh at ...

Silicon Valley's latest obsession is untreated, unfiltered water.
    One store selling raw water increased the price of 2.5 gallons to $60.99, from $36.99, after a New York Times' article on the bizarre trend — and it's still sold out.
    According to the "raw" or "live" water company, there has been a surge in demand.
    Consuming untreated water can spread infections such as cholera, Hepatitis A, and E. coli.

Raw water prices are skyrocketing, after a New York Times' article detailing Silicon Valley's latest bizarre obsession.

In San Francisco, "unfiltered, untreated, un-sterilized spring water" is flying off the shelves.

The New York Times reported last week that Rainbow Grocery, a coop in the city's Mission District, was selling a 2.5-gallon jug from the Live Water startup for $36.99.

Read the rest here:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/dange...t-to-60-2018-1

... my water comes straight out of the tap ... at about $4 per 1000 gallons
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Forget expensive 'raw' honey ... New craze ... Expensive "raw" water ...

LOL "Dangerous raw water". I think in most places that is called well water and millions of homes still use that. It's amazing we can survive outside the bubble of big cities according to the press. There are still people here that stop and fill jugs of water from mountain springs along the road. Oh the horror!

I think the only thing in jeopardy from Dangerous Raw Water would be your bank account.

Default Re: Forget expensive 'raw' honey ... New craze ... Expensive "raw" water ...

I have raw, unfiltered water pulled from an aquifer about 225 ft below my backyard. I also know of about a dozen springs in the mountains where I backpack every year. I could make a lot of money, doggoneit.
    -- Joe
    "Make your own decision and embrace the consequences." -- jwcarlson

I can drink out of spring and not think anything about it. I don't know about bottled water that's "raw". I might rather drink out of a creek that has cows standing in it, that I can see up stream. And I KNOW what they're doing.

Raw honey, raw water, whats next, raw air?
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

Wow, I have an old 50ft shallow well on the property, I think it was dug over 150 years ago. I'm wondering if I should open it back up and sell "vintage" raw, unfiltered natural water.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive5ive View Post
    Wow, I have an old 50ft shallow well on the property, I think it was dug over 150 years ago. I'm wondering if I should open it back up and sell "vintage" raw, unfiltered natural water.
    No kidding. I wonder if well water counts as "RAW" water? If so where can I get some fancy glass jugs?

Back in the 80's I read a book called Mega Trends, it had all sorts of future trends that would come to pass. One of those was that companies would sell water by the bottle, back then Perrier existed, but it was something only the yuppies drank. I never thought ordinary people would actually pay to buy water in a bottle from a convience store. ....how wrong I was.

So who knows maybe this Raw thing has legs. It'd be nice to have another income source.