frustration mounting

Default frustration mounting

Double posts.
    Ads.
    iSpy feature doesn't update.

What seems to be the problem now?

It is getting more frustrating to use the site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: frustration mounting

What issues are you seeing with the ads? Is it slowing down the site for you? ISpy is updating currently when I test it

Kyle

Check to make sure that you haven't inadvertently paused the feed for iSpy...or ticked of the box for only subscribed threads. I've done both before and was confused before I sorted it out. I agree about the double posts. Seems like I've seen more lately than before. I think it's because it's taking a little longer for a post to "post" and members are clicking twice. Not absolutely sure but that's a best guess.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I have more issues then I used to notice. I have been getting spells of slow loadings and also I get web site is not responding notices. I have got funny screens and sometimes can fix it by hitting compatibility mode and then switching back again. Slow loading. I never know if it is more from my end or the sites but the site used to except a few times be more consistant and fast loading on my lap top. It is not terrible but not quite as speedy as it was for a few years. I also have a crappy modem and so like I said, I don't know how much to put to this site though I do go to a couple of others and they seem to mostly be like they always were. I like the format of the web site and had a solar site change from this to some other format that I never got used to and don't really go to any more due only in part to the changes and part to my interrest changes. I really am always scared to gripe cause I don't like change much and am afraid my gripes might even make it worse depending on what sollution is picked.
    Cheers
    gww
    zone 5b

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    Check to make sure that you haven't inadvertently paused the feed for iSpy...or ticked of the box for only subscribed threads. I've done both before and was confused before I sorted it out. I agree about the double posts. Seems like I've seen more lately than before. I think it's because it's taking a little longer for a post to "post" and members are clicking twice. Not absolutely sure but that's a best guess.
    where does one go to check settings for pausing ispy feed and the box for only subscribed threads?

As I recall. iSpy. Upper left has a checkbox for subscribed threads. Upper right has controls for pause and play. This is in the default style.

Thanks I see them both. They are set properly- allowing all threads and playing comments.
    It must be something else.

OK. Just a thought......

What ads?

Either run something like AdBlock on your browser (Mac/Safari here, but there are equivalents elsewhere) or - for a LAN-wide solution - use something like Pi-Hole. The latter runs a local DNS cache on a 25 raspberry pi computer but ignores requests for any known ad-serving IP addresses.

On my LAN, ads account for something like 10% of all network activity and the browsing experience is better without it.
    The Apiarist - beekeeping in Fife, Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    What ads?

Either run something like AdBlock on your browser (Mac/Safari here, but there are equivalents elsewhere) or - for a LAN-wide solution - use something like Pi-Hole. The latter runs a local DNS cache on a 25 raspberry pi computer but ignores requests for any known ad-serving IP addresses.

On my LAN, ads account for something like 10% of all network activity and the browsing experience is better without it.
    Hmmm, maybe I could block those IP's from my router ....
    (Thanks for the mental trigger )
    Started summer of 2013, just another new guy, tinkering with bees.

You can ... if you have the patience. The pi-hole blocks over 100,000 domains that serve ads.
    The Apiarist - beekeeping in Fife, Scotland

Scriptblocker on www.beesource.com/forum page show 81 blocked scripts, adblock shows 69 blocked ads, https 10 violations (site is http so...) and 3 attempted re-directs. I almost got the double post bug once however my script blocker caught it after I hit "post" and I got a dialog that was asking if I was sure I wanted to leave the page. I ctrl-a my post just in case and refreshed. No double post and that weirdness hasnt happened again. Blocking ads here has never been a problem with any basic adblocker, if it was an issue though you can run an anti-adblocker with a user script. Also with adblock, if theres an erronious element on a page, you can specifically click that element to block, then you can edit the filter list to block its domain. Never even realized that ispy thing was there and I clicked it... great

Eh, before I forget Im running the latest version of firefox with a few addons tailored to privacy and an ad free experience. I would guess these addons were out there for other popular browsers also
    Zone 5 @ 4700 ft. High Desert

ispy is hung up now. not updating. Last new post 5:28 pm by Oldtimer 'American Foulbrood' in Diseases and Pests, current time at bottom of page 7:37 pm.
    There are numerous newer posts as I have just responded to one and then the scrolling hung up.

The next time you see these ads, we'd need the following:

1.What device you're using.

2.The OS/browser you're using.

3.Your general location.

4.The URL of the ad, you can get this by right clicking the ad and clicking "copy link address". You can also click "inspect" and copy the highlighted text.

5.Screenshot

Once we get that we can send it to our tech team and get them to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ed