Best propane fogger for Tactic - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Best propane fogger for Tactic

amazon has a fogger for bees that comes from nz I believe (Varomorus Propane Insect Fogger for Fast and Effective Varroa mites Control) and in the instructions it has the option for tactic mixed with kerosene. I myself would not and will not do that in my operation but apparently it is ok somewhere. this does appear to be a nice unit and looks like it will be fast. time will tell. link... https://www.amazon.com/Varomorus-Pro...ustomerReviews

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

It also says it can be used for OA. And the solvent, 96% ethanol. Does look like it has a much better metering pump than my $49.00 Burgess fogger.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

I don't think it's from NZ, when I looked it up it said Does Not Ship To New Zealand
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

What about the burgess1443 propane fogger ? It may be labeled as a black flag product.. ? Will this do o.a. well?
    Last edited by Richinbama; 02-04-2018 at 09:28 PM.

I got mine last night and have only put water in it an it didnt do the best, it spit a little, but thats water and the pump does seem to be a pretty accurate shot. it says 3 to 5 pumps for ox acid and ethanol. I could try to scan in the instructions and post on here if there is interest. I think the heated coils cool off too fast and could use a shield around the outside to direct the flame better but that was water too so it needs to have the real deal run in it. I will play with it and see if I can improve on this already good (in my opinion) design.

sorry to mislead E bay also has them and there is a u.s. propane and ?? butane? type https://www.ebay.com/itm/VAROMOR-Smo...-/142493778829

Item location:
    Europe / Slobozhanshchyna, Ukraine

Ships to:
    Worldwide See exclusions

Quote Originally Posted by Crabo View Post
    We know 3 different commercial beekeepers who are doing this. Information about what you think would be much more helpful than sarcasm.

Thanks
    This is what I have used in the past for fogging with thymol. Works like a champ. Makes a LOT of fog. It has 12 heat coils vs. 4 on the Burgess fogger.

https://www.domyown.com/vectorfog-by...r-p-13149.html

Mind you this fogger requires Butane fule cannisters, NOT propane. The butane cannisters can be purchased at most big box stores.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterno-50...&wl13=&veh=sem

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2 View Post
    I got mine last night and have only put water in it an it didnt do the best, it spit a little, but thats water and the pump does seem to be a pretty accurate shot. it says 3 to 5 pumps for ox acid and ethanol. I could try to scan in the instructions and post on here if there is interest. I think the heated coils cool off too fast and could use a shield around the outside to direct the flame better but that was water too so it needs to have the real deal run in it. I will play with it and see if I can improve on this already good (in my opinion) design.
    Hi,
    Your post was from Last February. Did you try it out , What are your thoughts on it?
    thanks

I did give it the old college try, I was not too impressed what I found was you had to cool the unit down to get proper fog between hives. I run 4 hives on a shipping pallet, you could hit the two you are facing with no issues but then go to the back of the pallet and it was overheated and there would be no fog it would come out clear vapor. 3 to 4 pumps slowly and the fog would start again then I would go with my dosage. I could not use it on a 1 lb propane tank with my pallets being so close to the ground so I had it hooked to a 20 lb tank (cheaper anyway). so when I had tested with water I thought it cooled too fast between shots and it still can with the oa ,ethanol if you put it in too fast. It has a definite learning curve and for 50 hives I would fight with it but not for the amount of hives I am running. If it had a thermostat to regulate the flame it would be a more usable unit. It also said in the instructions you could use tac tic in it (not legal in the u.s.a.) but I would want a full class 3 hazmat suit with oxygen to do that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2 View Post
    I did give it the old college try, I was not too impressed what I found was you had to cool the unit down to get proper fog between hives. I run 4 hives on a shipping pallet, you could hit the two you are facing with no issues but then go to the back of the pallet and it was overheated and there would be no fog it would come out clear vapor. 3 to 4 pumps slowly and the fog would start again then I would go with my dosage. I could not use it on a 1 lb propane tank with my pallets being so close to the ground so I had it hooked to a 20 lb tank (cheaper anyway). so when I had tested with water I thought it cooled too fast between shots and it still can with the oa ,ethanol if you put it in too fast. It has a definite learning curve and for 50 hives I would fight with it but not for the amount of hives I am running. If it had a thermostat to regulate the flame it would be a more usable unit. It also said in the instructions you could use tac tic in it (not legal in the u.s.a.) but I would want a full class 3 hazmat suit with oxygen to do that crap.
    Thank you for the update, its very helpful.

Guys I do not know why you waste your time with this fogger thing, been there and done that. What ever you use for mite control the story ends up on your sticky board by the next morning and I have never had a good mite drop with a fogger, sure after weekly fogging and mite checks I could prevent an increase in mite growth. that is starting with mineral oil and aditives such as wintergreen and thymol and then going onto glycerin and OA. Also went the 50% formic acid pad route and eventually have settled on OAV using 2 pans but what a pain in the rear that was, but since the arrival of band heater vaporizers life is a breeze for beekeepers and short lived for mites. You can go through your yards at around 1 minute a hive if you get really organised and have lots of hives you could probably even do better than that and the cost is small. You can make one yourself and if you are unable to do that you could purchase one for much the same price as a decent wand.
    Johno

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123