Ad Blocker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ad Blocker

Default Ad Blocker

Finally got sick of the ads taking over my computer. Got so bad it was almost unusable. Added an ad blocker...what a surprise. The blocker tells me how many ads have been blocked on each site.

Other bee sites I visit have zero ads. BeeSource has 21 blocked ads. 21! Never really minded the banners or the ads at the side of the screen. I can ignore those. But, ever since the new owner took over, the ads have taken over, taking me to bogus sites. I was ready to leave BS.

Back to normal now. No banners, no ads, nada.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Ad Blocker

I have been using an adblocker for a long time. I have a few sites that I allow ads on but for the most part I don't have to put with any ads. 24 blocked on this page right now.
    My wife and I are not filmmakers but we are documenting our journey at K-n-W Apiary.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    Finally got sick of the ads taking over my computer. Got so bad it was almost unusable. Added an ad blocker...what a surprise. The blocker tells me how many ads have been blocked on each site.

Other bee sites I visit have zero ads. BeeSource has 21 blocked ads. 21! Never really minded the banners or the ads at the side of the screen. I can ignore those. But, ever since the new owner took over, the ads have taken over, taking me to bogus sites. I was ready to leave BS.

Back to normal now. No banners, no ads, nada.
    If you don't mind Mike, please tell me what ad blocker you are using.... I'd like to start using one as well....
    Since '12 Zone 7a 42.25N 71.00W 17H OAV Amitraz
    Seaside Apiaries

I use addblock plus, don't see adds, when you have slow internet connection it's either block the adds or stop going to the sites. mine only shows 20 blocked.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Hi Michael, you have some sort of blocker on your email service as well, I sent you an email a few weeks ago and had to go through some mechanism to prove I was not computer generated. I wonder if you received the email.
    johno

Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    I use addblock plus, don't see adds, when you have slow internet connection it's either block the adds or stop going to the sites. mine only shows 20 blocked.
    Thanks Mike! Will give it a try!
    Seaside Apiaries

And poof! They're gone! Thank you.

Ghostery works well.
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...

adblock plus

You can install an adblocker, but that's not really the point. Why do we have to deal with this rubbish? Other bee sites don't have ads. If it weren't for the adblocker, I would have left BS.

What seems weird to me is that I don't see anything different. Ads on the right. A banner at the top. Same as always. No ad blocker here. I'm running Chrome with Windows 10. I'm just not seeing it.
    Last edited by beemandan; 09-28-2017 at 05:47 PM.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

If you are reading Beesource on a mobile device, the formatting is different than on a normal PC based browser. The forum's hosting software can tell if you are using a mobile device, and delivers a different feed.

If you are reading Beesource on a mobile, and don't like the current view, you can switch back to a legacy mobile view. See this earlier thread for more ...

https://www.beesource.com/forums/show...edback-Thread)

You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.
    Note that if you are NOT using a mobile device, the "top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode" does not apply to you.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I use my iPhone and don't get any ads. I really don't know what everyone is talking about. What I see is exactly the same as it has always been.
    4a

No extra ads for me on BeeSource here. I already knew that BS has to generate their
    revenue from somewhere, IM. If not who's the one sustaining this site?
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by beepro View Post
    I already knew that BS has to generate their
    revenue from somewhere, IM. If not who's the one sustaining this site?
    Not you, that's for sure!

You set yourself up for that one!
    I have exactly ONE more hive than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond dispute!

adblock plus
    Thanks Mike!
    Seaside Apiaries

I run ad blocker as well, but Beesource is one of the sites i don't block. The ads here are not overly intrusive like a lot of places.

I had no problem with the banner and the ads along the right side of each page. None. It's the pop ups and hijacking my computer, opening a new page. This never started until the new owners took over.

Michael, if by "computer", you mean a Windows based desktop PC or laptop, I don't think anything has changed* on the Beesource server end. Certainly what I see hasn't changed. Are you sure that you haven't picked up a virus somewhere along the way?

* The only change that I know of is that desktop viewers who are not logged in see an extra ad. If one logs in, then there is no change that I am aware of.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I had no problem with the banner and the ads along the right side of each page. None. It's the pop ups and hijacking my computer, opening a new page. This never started until the new owners took over.
    Not seeing anything remotely like this. As I said....I don't see anything different. Zip.
    RT might be right. A virus?
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast